SMS Notification

Newps

Reaction score
I was using Handcent for a while and just switched to Chomp. I still get the double notification. In the standard SMS program I went to notifications and unchecked the the box. Is there anything else I can do to stop the double notifications in the status bar? Any way to maybe just stop the program from operating in the first place?

M

Matth3w

Do you have auto retrieve messages disabled in the stock app? If you are rooted you can delete the program entirely.

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
I do have auto retrieve unchecked.

M

Matth3w

No reason you should be getting notifications then. Are they leftover notifications from before you unchecked the box? In other words, if you clear notifications but don't actually read them they will pop back up eventually.

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
I just deleted all texts, we'll see if that changes anything.

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
Still no change. I get a letter symbol and then to the right of that the symbol from Chomp with a 1 in it. Here's a pic.

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
Handcent is not on the phone anymore. I uninstalled it and am using Chomp.

cpinto

Reaction score
I was using Handcent for a while and just switched to Chomp. I still get the double notification. In the standard SMS program I went to notifications and unchecked the the box. Is there anything else I can do to stop the double notifications in the status bar? Any way to maybe just stop the program from operating in the first place?

Had the same problem with Handcent. To avoid confusion, I uninstalled Handcent. Then opened stock messaging > Menu > Settings > Uncheck everything. Then reinstalled Handcent and it worked fine. Only one notification. Should work with CHOMP as well.

Craig