facebook app notification issue

marmst

Reaction score
I have my Facebook setup and the default email is my Google mail. However I don't get any notifications whenever I get Facebook activity such as tagged pictures or comments. I just get the emails in my gmail inbox. Am I doing anything wrong? Did I set it up wrong? All of the notification settings in facebook are setup correctly. Any help would be greatly apprecuated. Thanks!

heem

Reaction score
it seems that's how the default app is setup. only sends notification when someone sends you a message, pokes you, or adds you as a friend. hopefully this will get worked out soon with either a replacement app or an upgrade to this one.

OP
M

marmst

Reaction score
Oh, OK. Was just making sure it wasn't a user error by me. Got spoiled by the blackberry Facebook app, LOL.

heem

Reaction score
yea, I'm coming from a blackberry too. I did start getting tired of it sound the facebook noise everytime I got a spam message that pretended to be from facebook though.

It seems their should be a compromise between the lack of functionality that we have now on the droid and the "intercept the email" method the blackberry app used..

cktb2793

Reaction score
I LOVED the facebook app on my BB Storm......I hope they fix the Droid one to be like that.

Everytime I click the notifications tab within the current Droid Facebook app I get an error message

identityhome

Reaction score
See... I didn't care for hte FB app on the BB Storm. I find the droid layout to be a lot more pleasing and user friendly... HOWEVER- the only major gripe is that the notifications are not real time like on the BlackBerry. By the time the notification is sent to my gmail account, it seems to wipe out the notification on the FB application, which basically renders it useless.

Thankfully this is just an app issue and can be fixed... hopefully soon.