Facebook notifications not notifying

altjx

Reaction score
I have the facebook app to refresh every 30 minutes, however, I woke up this morning with 4 notifications on facebook AFTER i pulled up the app and logged in and checked manually. they were all there since 8 hours ago, but the droid didnt notify me... What could be wrong?

I've looked around but there's too many people holding full conversations on the topic and not giving a solution

tomlist704

Reaction score
I have tried all FB apps and none work on driod like they did on Storm. Still rather have Droid by far, but to answer your questions, they do not work, at all.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I agree, i still love it by far more than the iPhone. i sold my iPhone and got my verizon droid in less than an hour. I was excited as hell yesterday, xD.

BAYtownBRAWLER

Reaction score
It notifies me when i have a friend request. But not for regular notifications. I checked settings but im still having issues. What can i do?

tomlist704

Reaction score
Right now I do not know, I am getting the same types of notifications as you are. Waiting for the developers to do their thing. I am a bit impatient because I lived the same type of issues with Storm (minus Facebook app), so hoping more people start to build stuff or Google starts to invest in their new platform. I get how long it took IPhone to have certain apps or plug-ins, but you would have thought RIM and Google who have learned from their mistakes or start up issues and thought ahead, like the email exchange issue.

imiller913

Reaction score
Yeah I love the droid can't wait til they get this worked out..... hurry!

Antonio Loveless

Reaction score
OK! I thought I was the only one having this issue. I hope a solution is made because this phone is BA and as much as I'm concerned, no Facebook notifications is the only issue I have. :)

omzlaw

Reaction score
anyone get the following message when u try to check notifications? "cannot retrieve the notifications. please try again later.[601/parser error:unexpected '-' at position 57.]"

philliesfan

Reaction score
I am also getting that same error "cannot retrieve the notifications. please try again later.[601/parser error:unexpected '-' at position 57.]" I logged out of the Facebook App and back in and am still receiving. Any suggestions?

VetteKlr

Reaction score
i have mine set up to send me emails notifications.... a temporary fix for me till they get it lined out.

omzlaw

Reaction score
Mine works better now. I had two emails on the account and it had me logged in under the one on which I didn't get Facebook notifications. I deleted that email off my Facebook account and logged out and back in on my phone. If you have more than one email you should try that.

texas outlaw

Reaction score
How about those of us that have only one e-mail account linked to their Facebook account?

Just about to take the phone back to Verizon. This "cannot retrieve the notifications. please try again later.[601/parser error:unexpected '-' at position 57.]" error is BS.