[Exclusive] Droid Bionic Amazing CostCo Deal $299 Includes Extra Battery, Dock & More

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
is the bionic really going to be $299 with contract? I was hoping it would be $199. Seems a bit steep since (like every phone I've ever had) It'll be obsolete after 6 months, I'll be hating it after 12 months and upgrading in 20.

Verizon likes to price their LTE handsets at either $249 or $299. The Revolution went down in price pretty fast to $199 though.

I guess it depends on how things pan out. Depending on how it sells vzw may drop the price. Maybe when the iPhone 5 comes out (assuming it's $199) they may drop it to have it compete more.

Another option would be to look at places like Amazon Wireless who will lower it. Just remember that places like that require you to keep the phone active on the line you purchased it with for 6 months.

mbmarsh

Reaction score
OK, gotta ask. So could I go get this deal from Costco (assuming I can get the early upgrade, my 24 months isn't up until November), and then if the Prime or Vigor is released within 90 days, return the Bionic and get one of those? This seems like the only insurance plan against being upstaged by a newer, better phone in October. My OG Droid is just about to kick it, and I'm desperate for a new phone.

Stories

Reaction score
OK, gotta ask. So could I go get this deal from Costco (assuming I can get the early upgrade, my 24 months isn't up until November), and then if the Prime or Vigor is released within 90 days, return the Bionic and get one of those? This seems like the only insurance plan against being upstaged by a newer, better phone in October. My OG Droid is just about to kick it, and I'm desperate for a new phone.

Isn't the phone return policy 15-days? And you get slapped with a re-stocking fee if it's not broken, too, I think.

nikecar

Reaction score

[h=1]RETURN POLICY[/h] Costco.com's return policy for any Wireless Advocates merchandise obtained through this website is 90 days from the original date of purchase. You must ship your merchandise back to Wireless Advocates for a full refund. Merchandise should not be returned to a Costco store. All returns must be accompanied by a return authorization form which can be obtained from our Customer Service Team. Our distribution center is not able to process refunds for returns received without a return authorization.
Within 90 days you may receive a refund on the handset itself. However, you will still be responsible for any applicable early termination fees if service is canceled after the Trial Period. The Trial Period varies by carrier and State. See carrier Cancellation Policy for details.

Reaction score
Id like to know how returning a phone with our without an upgrade discount effects you purchasing a new phone after returned. If I buy the bionic bundle, and return it within the proper window, will I have to pay retail for a new phone? Obviously buying a phone for $300 only to return it fora $600 retail phone does not make sense. Now if you return it, and you are allowed to re-allocate your upgrade subsidized price youd be good to go. any confirmation on this route?

This would obviously pave the way to have a bionic for a month or two and return it when the prime hits.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So do we know if this is a exclusive costco thing or if any place that works with Wireless Advocate will do this?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Id like to know how returning a phone with our without an upgrade discount effects you purchasing a new phone after returned. If I buy the bionic bundle, and return it within the proper window, will I have to pay retail for a new phone? Obviously buying a phone for $300 only to return it fora $600 retail phone does not make sense. Now if you return it, and you are allowed to re-allocate your upgrade subsidized price youd be good to go. any confirmation on this route?

This would obviously pave the way to have a bionic for a month or two and return it when the prime hits.

I'm pretty sure you have 14 days to exchange / return the phone

Reaction score
Any more further info or confirmations on this deal? I can wait another week waiting for it to hit costcp @ that deal, but not much longer after that

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
This might be the first time I buy a phone somewhere other than the Verizon store. The standard dock is a must for me after getting one for my droid 1

I'm feeling the same way, I was going to get a droid 3 but this deal is amazing. Glad I have a costco card

Sent from my hexen d2g using Droid Forums!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm hoping it's a Wireless Advocate sale and that Staples will do it as well. Costco is over an hour away, but Staples isn't dancedroid

jeff.wilson2000

Reaction score
Additionally, Costco has a $100 Executive level membership - expensive, but it gives you 2% back on all your purchases. So if you spend $1000 in a year (like, a shiny new Bionic and maybe a set of tires for an average SUV plus other purchases), you'll get $50 back, making it the same cost as the regular membership. Then everything else you buy in a year is gravy on top of that.

Just something else to think of if anyone is thinking about springing for a membership.

Eiji

Reaction score

I would agree if not for one flaw. Best Buy Mobile is a separate entity since it's merger with Carphone warehouse. BestBuy Mobile is essentially a store within a store and therefor has separate policies. The CEO Sean score specifically states that the BBYM has to match any online competitors or bundle offers. If the sales associate says otherwise just repeat that and have them call their Area District Manager for approval. I pricematch wirefly all the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Universal

Reaction score
Additionally, Costco has a $100 Executive level membership - expensive, but it gives you 2% back on all your purchases. So if you spend $1000 in a year (like, a shiny new Bionic and maybe a set of tires for an average SUV plus other purchases), you'll get $50 back, making it the same cost as the regular membership. Then everything else you buy in a year is gravy on top of that.

Just something else to think of if anyone is thinking about springing for a membership.

Ummm... 2 percent of $1000 is $20, not $50.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would agree if not for one flaw. Best Buy Mobile is a separate entity since it's merger with Carphone warehouse. BestBuy Mobile is essentially a store within a store and therefor has separate policies. The CEO Sean score specifically states that the BBYM has to match any online competitors or bundle offers. If the sales associate says otherwise just repeat that and have them call their Area District Manager for approval. I pricematch wirefly all the time.

So we would need to but it from BBYM and not Best Buy in order to price match?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Not that I don't believe (I do). I went to Best Buy Mobile Magazine and checked out their Terms & Conditions. Under the Price Matching policy section it was the same Best Buy has. With the bundle exclusion.

Where are you seeing that the CEO states this? If I go to do this I'd like more ammunition then I heard it on a forum if they say no.