Excited for my new Note 3!! however...

cece5702

Reaction score
I was one of those people complaining bitterly about how KitKat had destroyed my phone. Killed my battery, etc.

Well, eventually I put on my big boy pants and did a factory reset and it appears to have resolved all my problems. In fact, I plan on doing a reset every 2 or 3 months in the future as it appears to improve performance. Google has done a great job in easing the tribulations of a reset. My apps all downloaded automatically and I was off to the races.

My biggest problem with KitKat, and it's a big one, is that I can longer write directly to my SD card using the phone. I'm hopeful that future apps will get around this without the necessity of rooting.

I'm completely sold on the Note line and expect to be upgrading around every October when the new model comes out. The S Pen is invaluable once you become habituated to it.

When you did your factory reset did all your apps from the Google store reappear? Also your contacts etc?

pixeline

Reaction score
When you did your factory reset did all your apps from the Google store reappear? Also your contacts etc?

If your contacts are stored on gmail, they wil magically reappear when you enter your mailaddress and password - the same with your calendar entries.

You get the choise to reinstall all of your apps (automatically) or start afresch :). So a factory reset isn't such a big deal as many people are afraid of ... :icon_ lala: