Thoughts on KitKat?

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
What are your thoughts on KitKat update? I'm considering getting a Note 3 but have been reading some negative things about what KitKat has done to the phone, specifically battery. I am not thrilled with KitKat on my current phone. I hope that if I could get the Note 3 I could NOT upgrade to KitKat. I'm not sure how that goes...thoughts from current Note owners is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

NOVICE

Reaction score
Upgraded (involuntarily) to Verizon KitKat w/in last week. Absolutely added nothing to my phone experience other that totally eliminating the utility of my SD card.

Still undecided as to whether the upgrade degraded my battery life. Might be slowing down my recharging of the phone but that could be my imagination.

Not a fan of KitKat but I would never not get the Note 3 for that reason. Too many other advantages.

pixeline

Reaction score
Just got my Note 3 about a week ago and was promptet to upgrade to KitKat at the same time as I set it up. Which I did - so I haven't anything to compare to. But I love it to bits and have absolutely zerro problems - batterywise or otherwise. Everything works a treat ... and I couldn't be happier :)

I came from a S3 with Jelly Bean - so in a way I AM able to compare. But I have always had a sweet tooth - perhaps the reason I like KitKat so much ;)

pix

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Just got my Note 3 about a week ago and was promptet to upgrade to KitKat at the same time as I set it up. Which I did - so I haven't anything to compare to. But I love it to bits and have absolutely zerro problems - batterywise or otherwise. Everything works a treat ... and I couldn't be happier :)

I came from a S3 with Jelly Bean - so in a way I AM able to compare. But I have always had a sweet tooth - perhaps the reason I like KitKat so much ;)

pix

Congrats Pix.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Good for you.. Enjoy your new toy. I'm leaning towards the LG G3.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Upgraded (involuntarily) to Verizon KitKat w/in last week. Absolutely added nothing to my phone experience other that totally eliminating the utility of my SD card.

Still undecided as to whether the upgrade degraded my battery life. Might be slowing down my recharging of the phone but that could be my imagination.

Not a fan of KitKat but I would never not get the Note 3 for that reason. Too many other advantages.

I've not noticed longer charge times.. I'd strongly recommend a factory reset though.. I always do one on new OS updates... Good luck and keep us posted

Knock knock G2