KitKat and Note 3 Battery

Ihatesmartphones

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the catch. That seemed to work for me I'm at 59% still and have been using a good bit. Contacts should be backed up pics should be to if you have enough gb on cloud. The apps should reinstall them selves. I just got a new phone and after I put my stuff back on all my apps started downloading them selves. Personally I would take all my stuff off the phone and put it back on I don't trust it.

cece5702

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the catch. That seemed to work for me I'm at 59% still and have been using a good bit. Contacts should be backed up pics should be to if you have enough gb on cloud. The apps should reinstall them selves. I just got a new phone and after I put my stuff back on all my apps started downloading them selves. Personally I would take all my stuff off the phone and put it back on I don't trust it.

I just did it so I'll see if that makes a difference. Thanks

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to kit kat on my note 3 about a week ago and the first few days I was pretty frustrated with the battery life. So I did a factory reset and it seems to have returned to the battery life I had before the update.. maybe a little shorter than before but it's close enough.
No where near the battery life I had with my note 2 awhile back lol :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
Ditto. After KK OTA update my battery life tanked. Cleared cache several times to no avail. Finally broke down and did a FDR and life is good again. Maybe not at JB levels, but certainly something I can live with.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
@ripper2860 how is your data connectivity ? About the same ?

ripper2860

Reaction score
Yeah. Pretty much the same, maybe a tiny bit worse in real fringe data areas. I don't seem to be hanging onto 4G in really fringe service areas. Seems to go to 3G and stay there as opposed to bouncing between 4G and3G. My 5GHz WiFi connection at home seems to be a bit better. All-in-all, nothing that has caused me any grief other than battery and it seems a-ok now.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here . I can't complain. I just can't wait for the note 4 lol I love the note series . Had the note 2 before this phone. Once you go big you can't go back lol

tankdog03

Reaction score
Try turning Google Now off it helped mine quite a bit

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Try turning Google Now off it helped mine quite a bit

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
That helped my battery issue a lot as well. I couldnt believe how much juice Google Now was using and I never really used it.