Exchange email not working after Update

dihtn

Reaction score
I tried Improved Mail and it didn't help me. Downloaded Touchdown and it is working very well. I wish I would have tried this ap earlier. A lot more features with Touchdown than the stock ap.

Jamb

Reaction score
exchange syn w/droidX

I tried Improved Mail and it didn't help me. Downloaded Touchdown and it is working very well. I wish I would have tried this ap earlier. A lot more features with Touchdown than the stock ap.
Just curious are you using touchdown with the update 2.2 or 2.1? I love the touchdown app it's really worth the price and works as fast as my comp for recieving emails. i have 2.1 and hope it still works if the upgrade comes.dancedroid

WillRunForBeer

Reaction score
I don't like two things about touchdown:

1. $20 cost else it says "this sent from my android using touchdown" or similar in signature (also will stop working after 30 days if I don't pay)

2. work contacts don't show up in phone contacts

I'll try "improved email" to see if contacts show up. I hope they fix the stock app, though.

Timberwolf - yes you need something in the domain part -- for me my email is [email protected], and where you see the slash I have to put domain\flast -- you'll have to check with your administrator to see what to put there, I think.

Last edited:

mrdroid

Reaction score
I've posted this a hundred times but no one reads it apparently.

This is not a bug. It's an update to the mail client and the way it handles security. If your exchange environment isn't setup perfectly with the proper trusted certs in place then it won't work. It has to do with enterprise configuration and Exchange requiring the device to allow it to remote wipe and such.

The problem wit touchdown is that it only supports profiles just like outlook. So you only have access to one email account at a time. The stock client allows as many accounts as you want.

The problem with Improved Mail is that it ignores all security. This is why it works. It's basically the stock client with security commented out.

Dunc

Reaction score
If your exchange environment isn't setup perfectly with the proper trusted certs in place then it won't work. It has to do with enterprise configuration and Exchange requiring the device to allow it to remote wipe and such.
So if my company has the configuration to remote wipe the device then it should work? My company does do this because I saw the IT email regarding this change a few months ago yet my outlook does not work. Is there a listing of what exactly the settings need to be on the company side? There must be something else preventing me besides the remote wipe.

Last edited:

WillRunForBeer

Reaction score
Is there a listing of what exactly the settings need to be on the company side? There must be something else preventing me besides the remote wipe.

I think I found the answers here.

Now to see if my IT department will make the necessary changes...

dihtn

Reaction score
Just curious are you using touchdown with the update 2.2 or 2.1? I love the touchdown app it's really worth the price and works as fast as my comp for recieving emails. i have 2.1 and hope it still works if the upgrade comes.dancedroid

I am running the 2.2 update.

mrdroid

Reaction score
If your exchange environment isn't setup perfectly with the proper trusted certs in place then it won't work. It has to do with enterprise configuration and Exchange requiring the device to allow it to remote wipe and such.
So if my company has the configuration to remote wipe the device then it should work? My company does do this because I saw the IT email regarding this change a few months ago yet my outlook does not work. Is there a listing of what exactly the settings need to be on the company side? There must be something else preventing me besides the remote wipe.

Are you forced to use a password when unlocking your Droid?

Dunc

Reaction score

Are you forced to use a password when unlocking your Droid?
Update:
I finished up rooting 2.2 and I'm now using UD8.0 as of today. I tried getting on outlook and sure enough it worked! It made me say ok to letting the server be allowed to remote wipe my phone. It also made me have a pin/password. I don't know what the difference between stock FRG22D and rooted FRG22D+UD8.0 is but whatever it is it worked.

Basscat

Reaction score
I got my email account working today. I added "mail." in front of the incoming server name and outgoing server name.

Thomas68704

Reaction score
I got my email account working today. I added "mail." in front of the incoming server name and outgoing server name.

Basscat, how were you able to view the incoming and outgoing server names? I go through the setup but it does not show me the servers

Basscat

Reaction score

Basscat, how were you able to view the incoming and outgoing server names? I go through the setup but it does not show me the servers

Here is the path to get you there.

Settings>>Accounts>>your email account>> Then select incoming server or outgoing server.

When I first started looking into the issue of my email not working, I noticed that the incoming and outgoing server information did not have the "mail." infront of the email provider name.

Here is an example of what it should be for incoming and outgoing servers. mail.example.com I am guessing that if you check, it will show example.com(this was the way mine was) instead of mail.example.com.

Hope this makes sense.

spryte112

Reaction score
ugh... still nothing?

So my exchange email worked FINE until the new update... now nothing. my server has the mail prefix and all. and I know it's not my company becuase SO many others use email that syncs to their phones and theirs works. It's just this damn Droid and the update. I don't want to have to download a workaround program, i just want this one to work. any ideas?