ESPN ScoreCenter

issues636

Reaction score
for an app we waited for for SO long, it was very poorly made. they held out long enough, they should of held on longer until it was complete. i already have a shortcut to the espn mobile website on my homescreen. i didn't need a full app to do the same thing for me. the MAIN reason i was waiting for this was for notifications. i can load the website for standings, stats, etc. i wanted the notifications. looks like i'm stuck with text notifications for now.

Beardface

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime back into this thread. There was an update to this app last night and I applied it and figured I would try it out since the developers claimed they fixed a few issues.

I was highly critical of this app before, but not anymore. The Widget is much, much more stable than it was before, and it looks like they have fixed the issue where it would get stuck in loading the scores. Also, I was noticing it was using around 15% of my memory before I removed it from my screen a week ago. Now its barely using 6%, and thats when I'm constantly scrolling through scores. Last night, I was following both the Phillies and RedSox games while at the bar, and whenever I would see a score update on the Bottom Line, I would look at ScoreCenter on the widget, and it had already updated. Awesome.

The app itself is still a but clunky and could afford the use of swiping to move between screens, but its obvious the developers have worked at speeding it up, and it is much more fluid and speedy than before.

This is now an application I will be using regularly. Not a bad upgrade from something I wouldn't have recommended to anyone last week.