I'm tired of waiting for ESPN Scorecenter for Android

mjp81

Reaction score
I'm tired of waiting for ESPN Scorecenter for Android (UPDATE: It's here!)

Here's their twitter account: twitter.com/scorecenter
And here's ESPN's contact site: https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index

Start bombarding them with requests for an Android Scorecenter. Throw in a few online articles about how fast Android is growing. Last time they commented on Android a couple months ago, they said they were "evaluating" the Android platform. Give them something to evaluate.

UPDATE: ScoreCenter has landed on Android. dancedroid Told you we could do it.

Last edited:

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Already have! I've wrote them 3 or 4 times already. Their sorry asses is so iPhone crazy we may never get it!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Already have! I've wrote them 3 or 4 times already. Their sorry asses is so iPhone crazy we may never get it!

Well that may be due to apps being so hard to develop on androids OS. iPhone is a little more simple to develop for because they don't have TONS of different versions of their OS running around.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not familiar with ESPN Scorecenter but if you are looking for scores and news have you tried SportsTap?
Tried and found it to be WAY behind on updates.
For hockey games, it was at least a period behind. When there's only 3 that's a lil late :icon_eek:

Pagey33

Reaction score
Not familiar with ESPN Scorecenter but if you are looking for scores and news have you tried SportsTap?
For hockey games, it was at least a period behind. When there's only 3 that's a lil late :icon_eek:

^^^^^^^^^ What he said^^^^^^^^^

Sporttap is the ONLY app with an option for a widget to get updates on your favorite teams!
That's sad!
It boggles my mind that NOBODY has come up with something similar!

SportTap is to inconsistent. It gets stuck refreshing and many times the widget isn't posting the score.
I have it set up for Red Sox updates every 3rd inning. The game will end and the widget has the
score from the 3rd inning still.........
Then it alerts me at 4am with the final!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

give me somethin..........I'll pay!!!!!! Just get me somethin!!!!!!!

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CatsTide

Reaction score
i agree...we need an espn app. i tried sportstap,then deleted it. i have a few widget updating sport apps but i mainly use the espn website for score updated. the mobile version is pretty cool for scores...it's laid out nicely.

Pagey33

Reaction score
i agree...we need an espn app. i tried sportstap,then deleted it. i have a few widget updating sport apps but i mainly use the espn website for score updated. the mobile version is pretty cool for scores...it's laid out nicely.

Could you please list the other widget updating apps you have/had tried please?
I'd like to see if they work better than sportstap.

Thanks!

tdog7879

Reaction score
everyone should blow up there twitter account or email (i just did:)) maybe now NFL network is working with android they will step there game up and make a espn app!!!

rjax

Reaction score
Live Scores works pretty well for me, though it admittedly lacks polish. It was keeping pace pretty good with the ESPN website during March Madness.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
message sent to espn! Lets see how that goes

Joshnichols198

Reaction score
Sporttap is the ONLY app with an option for a widget to get updates on your favorite teams!
That's sad!
Google Scoreboard.

/thread

Batfan.com

Reaction score

I totally agree. None of the current Android sports apps update enough. I've tried SportsTap, Scoreboard, CBS NFL Football and LiveScores.

LiveScores isn't bad but, it still doesn't update enough and the UI isn't great.

OP
M

mjp81

Reaction score
That's sad!
Google Scoreboard.

/thread

Scoreboard would be great since it covers minor league teams too. Unfortunately, its WAY too slow.

Keep 'em coming guys. Now that the NFL is entering the Android game (at least the Verizon Androids), ESPN won't be able to ignore it much longer.

EddieSFL

Reaction score
I removed "sports tap" as well and find "Live Scores" much, much better. It does lack a widget