I'm tired of waiting for ESPN Scorecenter for Android

WavelandAve

Reaction score
Main problem looks to be that the percentage of the members on ESPN that have either the Iphone or the Itouch is far greater than the members that have the Verizon Droid. So we'll be lucky to see a Scorcenter app for the Droid in the near future.

solorca

Reaction score
Initial impressions: It seems to be extremely slow and a bit difficult to navigate, even though I used ESPN mobile for years on my old phones (which this seems to be quite similar to).

For simple scores, I think I'll stick to ScoreMobile (although Scorecenter will probably be good when I want to keep up with something live, assuming it does that). Scorecenter is probably better for news, etc.

Husher315

Reaction score
What I like about Scorecenter for Android so far is that it has direct access to ESPN Mobile Web instead of having to open your browser. I think it will just get better with updates!

Beardface

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up.

The widget is awful. It rarely updates correctly, and gets stuck in a constant blank updating status. Only way to bring information up is to delete and re-apply. As for the application itself, it is a very slow mess. You'd be better off going to to the ESPN Mobile website to check scores.

I gave it 1* in the market. Will give more if they update to fix the countless bugs, but for the time being, this thing sucks.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Looks pretty... Looked promising.... then my phone started with the random reboots while surfing and trying Quadrant benchmarks. Uninstalled and the phone has been fine since.... UGH.

Husher315

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up.

The widget is awful. It rarely updates correctly, and gets stuck in a constant blank updating status. Only way to bring information up is to delete and re-apply. As for the application itself, it is a very slow mess. You'd be better off going to to the ESPN Mobile website to check scores.

I gave it 1* in the market. Will give more if they update to fix the countless bugs, but for the time being, this thing sucks.

It literally just came out. I wouldn't give up on it so quick. The widget is working just fine for me so far. Are you using it on the Droid or another android phone?

Beardface

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up.

It literally just came out. I wouldn't give up on it so quick. The widget is working just fine for me so far. Are you using it on the Droid or another android phone?
Droid.

The Widget will work fine for a while, and then every so often, just get hung on the updating status and nothing will ever come up. Not only that, but I've gone into the Drawer and only about 10 apps will show up when I have close to 100. Never had that happen before I downloaded this one.

For right now, it is extremely buggy and not worth putting on your phone. For as big a company as ESPN is with the resources they have, its pathetic they put out something this buggy 8 months after the most popular Android phone was introduced to the market. If this was December when the full capabilities of the system were still being refined, sure, but not now. They are fully deserving of the 1* rating until their countless issues are fixed.

Husher315

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up.

Droid.

The Widget will work fine for a while, and then every so often, just get hung on the updating status and nothing will ever come up. Not only that, but I've gone into the Drawer and only about 10 apps will show up when I have close to 100. Never had that happen before I downloaded this one.

For right now, it is extremely buggy and not worth putting on your phone. For as big a company as ESPN is with the resources they have, its pathetic they put out something this buggy 8 months after the most popular Android phone was introduced to the market. If this was December when the full capabilities of the system were still being refined, sure, but not now. They are fully deserving of the 1* rating until their countless issues are fixed.

No, I definitely agree it needs some work, I'm just happy it's out. I think ESPN probably released it early due to all the flak they were getting from Android users who wanted it. I'm using LauncherPro, and so far, no problems with the 3D drawer.