Eris Battery

goathog02

Reaction score
Looks like this battery (@1300mAh) is smaller than the Sprint Hero. With the battery life issues they are having, what will happen here?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed that too. I guess they did that to make the phone even slimmer, but I certainly would rather have a fatter phone with better battery life. Surely they have figured out a way to make better use of the battery if they were willing to put a smaller one in it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well the moto droid only has a 1400mAh. It's all about the hardware that is sucking the battery that makes it go down so fast.

droideris

Reaction score
does anyone know of options to buy a battery charger in case i go with an extra battery? it seemed to be okay when i played with one for a while on saturday, and mine is in the mail to me today.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw a battery charger on Fommy.com for the Droids battery, not sure if they have an Eris one though.

l3ryan77

Reaction score
battery life is pretty bad on the Eris IMO. I took it off the charger after 10 hours (it died completely last night) at 9am and by noon it was done to 10%. I am coming from BlackBerrys so I am used to crap battery, but this pretty darn bad. Glad I bought a car charger first thing

mynameisjohn

Reaction score
battery life is pretty bad on the Eris IMO. I took it off the charger after 10 hours (it died completely last night) at 9am and by noon it was done to 10%. I am coming from BlackBerrys so I am used to crap battery, but this pretty darn bad. Glad I bought a car charger first thing

In the users manual it says the battery might take several cycles of charging before functioning normally. So that might just be what is going on hopefully?
Were you using it heavily during those three hours?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's usually a good idea to charge it fully once and let it go down to almost dead (or even let it die) once so that the battery can learn its maximum and minimum kinda. Then after that just charge it whenever you want but I heard that doing that process makes your battery last as long as it can.

l3ryan77

Reaction score

In the users manual it says the battery might take several cycles of charging before functioning normally. So that might just be what is going on hopefully?
Were you using it heavily during those three hours?

Ehh about medium use to be honest. Good to know the manual said that! I guess I should read lol

alinor

Reaction score
Mine is only 2 days old, but was already starting to worry about this. I made it through the day, but was reading pretty low after pretty light usage today. If you can post how much time you are getting out of yours.

droideris

Reaction score
After initial charge I got 6 solid hours of pretty constant use. Finishing second full charge for battery conditioning. I ran until it asked to be plugged in. Will have a better idea tomorrow.

G

Grimster

You have to understand that most people in this forum do not understand the concept of how battery life to usage relates....

Everythime you connect to Verizons network for data you are using the cellular radio which is one of the most power consuming components in the phone. You only have 214 min of cellular connection talk time according to specs. If you use your phone for Youtube / Internet over cellular connection you are giving your battery a double whammy. Not only will the cellular radio eat power but so will the CPU to render webpages and run youtube, as will the LED backlight, ect....

I have no issues with battery life on my Eris becuase I am educated and understand whats going on.

It all boils down to education. Please who complain about battery life in ANY kind of device do not have an education in even the most basic electrical engineering.

Did some of you REALLY think you were going to get 2-3 days of heavy usage of all these high-end phone features out of a 1300mah battery??? LOLz....:rofl3:

I squezzed out almost two days of good usage out of my battery which will only improved once I cycle it a few times. Besides, I would much rather keep the Eris nice and slim as it is now than have a bigger battery.

droideris

Reaction score
Oh, and fwiw, I found the way to turn off the 'always on' feature. that way your droid isn't constantly hitting the network. we will see how it does with the battery tomorrow. personally, the battery life isn't a deal breaker for me. i will deal with it according to my usage.

G

Grimster

If some of your guys want longer than average battery life then why did you buy a slim, compact phone with powerful features like the Eris??? This isnt Burger King, or La La Land, you can't have it your way. You either going to have a compact slim powerful phone with average battery life or a fat bulky phone with equal features and long battery life.

How some of you cant understnad this is actually pretty funny and it all boils down to lack of education...and I STILL have to laugh at some of you who thought you were going to get 3 days of heavy usage with these kind of features out of a 1300mah battery....too funny...