Eris Battery

duel007

Reaction score
You have to understand that most people in this forum do not understand the concept of how battery life to usage relates....

Everythime you connect to Verizons network for data you are using the cellular radio which is one of the most power consuming components in the phone. You only have 214 min of cellular connection talk time according to specs. If you use your phone for Youtube / Internet over cellular connection you are giving your battery a double whammy. Not only will the cellular radio eat power but so will the CPU to render webpages and run youtube, as will the LED backlight, ect....

I have no issues with battery life on my Eris becuase I am educated and understand whats going on.

It all boils down to education. Please who complain about battery life in ANY kind of device do not have an education in even the most basic electrical engineering.

Did some of you REALLY think you were going to get 2-3 days of heavy usage of all these high-end phone features out of a 1300mah battery??? LOLz....:rofl3:

I squezzed out almost two days of good usage out of my battery which will only improved once I cycle it a few times. Besides, I would much rather keep the Eris nice and slim as it is now than have a bigger battery.
SRS_BUSINESS_GAIS_by_Booter_Freak.jpg

But seriously, yeah I know I'm not going to get more than a day out of my Eris, but I can still complain about it.

chris8105

Reaction score
Any word if the update on the 11th is going to fix this battery problem? I am thinking about getting one but not if this battery problem doesnt get resolved.

Doheny

Reaction score
Any word if the update on the 11th is going to fix this battery problem? I am thinking about getting one but not if this battery problem doesnt get resolved.

From what I've read, it appears that the update on the 11th will be the Moto Droid only; the Eris' will be sometime in Q1 2010.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is what I dont understand....We are buying smart phones that come loaded with useful and power features...WIFI, Bluethooth, G3 Speeds, Calendars, Facebook apps, Twitter apps and so forth. Then we are obligated to....just turn them all off so that we can use a day's worth of usage(get what we can out of our phones). Is there anything wrong with that picture???? It gets me a little upset when I read these forums and see users making ridiculous changes to the way they use their equipment just so the can squeeze two more hours out of their battery when they shouldnt have to. Crazy!!! Battery is poor and it needs to be corrected period. Verizon/HTC needs to be all over this and correct this problem. I have been using smart phones for a very long time and I have never seen this kind of performances. Hopefully an update will correct these issues...if they are software related.

BTW this probably has been mention here before but Seidio.com will be releasing a battery with better MAH that hopefully will make all of our life's easier and allowed us to use our smart phones as...yeah you guest it smart phones.

You cannot correct the amount of charge a battery can hold. While technology goes forward. The leaps in battery technology need to catch up. You can be upset, and you have the right to be. But the problem here is not that it's the fault of any one company that they are doing something wrong. Unfortunately HTC's seem to eat up more battery life. But it doesn't matter what type of phone you have, the battery technology to make it last days on end with heavy usage just isn't there yet. The best we have available to us is Li-Ion batteries. So until they figure out a way to fit 2-10 times the charge into the same small battery, your going to be limited.

billyidle

Reaction score
Here is what I dont understand....We are buying smart phones that come loaded with useful and power features...WIFI, Bluethooth, G3 Speeds, Calendars, Facebook apps, Twitter apps and so forth. Then we are obligated to....just turn them all off so that we can use a day's worth of usage(get what we can out of our phones). Is there anything wrong with that picture???? It gets me a little upset when I read these forums and see users making ridiculous changes to the way they use their equipment just so the can squeeze two more hours out of their battery when they shouldnt have to. Crazy!!! Battery is poor and it needs to be corrected period. Verizon/HTC needs to be all over this and correct this problem. I have been using smart phones for a very long time and I have never seen this kind of performances. Hopefully an update will correct these issues...if they are software related.

BTW this probably has been mention here before but Seidio.com will be releasing a battery with better MAH that hopefully will make all of our life's easier and allowed us to use our smart phones as...yeah you guest it smart phones.

You cannot correct the amount of charge a battery can hold. While technology goes forward. The leaps in battery technology need to catch up. You can be upset, and you have the right to be. But the problem here is not that it's the fault of any one company that they are doing something wrong. Unfortunately HTC's seem to eat up more battery life. But it doesn't matter what type of phone you have, the battery technology to make it last days on end with heavy usage just isn't there yet. The best we have available to us is Li-Ion batteries. So until they figure out a way to fit 2-10 times the charge into the same small battery, your going to be limited.

That about sums it up.
However the battery technology we NEED is already here, the problem is, the cost of it is definitely not what we WANT.

Jolest

Reaction score
I would deff say get this one. Im going to get it next week i had a treo 700p before this i liked having a back up battery on stand bye

LCD Desk-Top Cradle Chager ( With Battery Charger Funtion )
Two things:

1) That site has a bad WOT (Web of Trust) rating. You might want to shop elsewhere.

2) The dock doesn't look like an Eris would fit in it. (I know that site says it will fit, but I've seen pictures of docks that look exactly like that one that, when I checked with the seller, I discovered would not fit the Eris... The phone holder part of the dock was too narrow...)

If anyone has that dock and has tried to use it with an Eris, I'd love to hear about it...