Emergency calls only

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
This is probably a dumb question, but that message has been displaying on the unlock screen of my Dinc for several days now, and I can't seem to come up with a solution to making it go away. I can still make and receive phone calls like usual, so the message is not one of functionality. I tried looking in settings for a field that might be causing that message to generate, but I wasn't able to tie it to a specific check/uncheck toggle in the Settings area.

Any ideas on how I should proceed?

-Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try reprogramming the phone using *228 option 1. It won't hurt anything to do it.

OP
UltraDroid

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Try reprogramming the phone using *228 option 1. It won't hurt anything to do it.

Doing that now - thanks Hook! :)

...unfortunately, the message is still there. :icon_evil:

I'm thinking that there must be some tie-in with my turning wifi on, when I'm home in my apartment, but turning wifi off doesn't make the message go away.

-Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is an error within the UD ROM which your Signature suggests you are running -

OP
UltraDroid

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
It is an error within the UD ROM which your Signature suggests you are running -

UD 2.4.0? Interesting. I've got UD on both of my phones, and the D1 has never displayed that message. Hmmm... are you suggesting I upgrade to UD 2.5.0?

Like I said though, I can make and receive calls with no problem, so it's not advising me of an actual problem, and it goes away when I unlock the phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's on 2.4 and 2.5 on the Original Droid - 2.3 it is not...I am only guessing that it is the same for the Dinc, but with the experience of UD ROM's and the Droid 1 it is somewhat of an educated guess

...and I think going to 2.5 will not solve the issue for you, what solved it for me was reverting back to 2.3 - which also solved some other issues I was experiencing

OP
UltraDroid

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
It's on 2.4 and 2.5 on the Original Droid - 2.3 it is not...I am only guessing that it is the same for the Dinc, but with the experience of UD ROM's and the Droid 1 it is somewhat of an educated guess

...and I think going to 2.5 will not solve the issue for you, what solved it for me was reverting back to 2.3 - which also solved some other issues I was experiencing

Thanks much for the quick responses - on Christmas Day yet! - and I think I'll revert to 2.3...if I can find where to download the rom from. You were all very helpful, and I appreciate it. :):)

-Mike

MisterEd

Reaction score
I had this problem of only being able to make emergency calls. No other buttons on the phone worked. I determined it was asking for a pin which I never had set up. I conqured this by putting a bogus pin in several times, then it took me to a screen where it said forgot password at the top left and it requested the gmail username and password and the it enabled me to assign a password and now all is well. Just thought this would be helpful to someone that this may happen to on a droid bionic.