Solved Owner info not showing on lock screen

smfoley1

Reaction score
I went into my lock screen settings and input a message in the owner info area. I checked show owner info on lock screen yet it is not showing up on my lock screen. What gives? I actually use that area to display an emergency contact number in case Im ever hurt or in an accident. I know about the emergency call feature and have 3 contacts set up in there as well. I use the owner info message as an emergency contact number because not everyone knows how to use a smartphone or access the ICE numbers. This way if they pick up my phone and light it up theres an emergency number right there for them to call. Anu idea why this isnt displaying on my lock screen?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Try rebooting your phone,
Edit: sorry....just realized you have the box checked.
Did you recently take an update on the phone?

S5 tap'n

OP
S

smfoley1

Reaction score
tried rebooting the phone, didnt change anything. Last update I got was to 5.0 lollipop last week sometime. I did an FDR afterwards as well

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Are you using the stock lockscreen?

Are you using a password or pin for unlock? If so, try setting it to just "swipe", restart phone and see if your owner info shows up then.

Reactions: cr6
OP
S

smfoley1

Reaction score
using the fingerprint unlock...figured out the issue. The owner info shows up right under the clock and date. if you have anything else on your lock screen, for instance I am using llama to automate tasks such as volume etc. It puts a notification on the lock screen which covers the owner info...sounds like something they need to address in the next update, moving the owner info down on the lock screen

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
@smfoley1 good to see you figured it out. :)

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
using the fingerprint unlock...figured out the issue. The owner info shows up right under the clock and date. if you have anything else on your lock screen, for instance I am using llama to automate tasks such as volume etc. It puts a notification on the lock screen which covers the owner info...sounds like something they need to address in the next update, moving the owner info down on the lock screen
If the notification from llama is using the standard Lollipop mechanism for displaying notifications (which it probably is) you can disable them on the lockscreen so they won't cover the owner and weather info. Go into Settings->"Sound and notification" and scroll down to Notification->"While locked", and set it to "Do not show notifications".

OP
S

smfoley1

Reaction score
thanks Matt for that setting. That is exactly what was happening and exactly what I needed to do to fix it

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved..