Can widget be added to stock lock screen?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm not using a lock on my phone because I have an ICE widget (in case of emergency) that has contact info, doctor info, allergies, etc on my home screen.
I want to use the Knock Code lock but I need to be able to add the ICE widget before being comfortable with using it.
Not rooted, 4.4.2
Again, can widgets be added onto the stock Knock Code lock screen and if so how? I've tried all I can think of (long press blank area, lock screen, settings) to no avail
Thank you

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Erikbal

Reaction score
I just have my lock screen set to Swype but if I Swype up where the time is it will give an option to add a widget. I have a flashlight widget set on mine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one I want to add isn't an option via the normal way to add widgets. That's why I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
Oh don't necessarily want anyone who knows how to push a power button to have full access to my phone but at the same time a pin, knock, etc unlock code isn't the best thing to have in an emergency and one can't tell the emergency personnel the unlock code.
I've looked on the Play Store for an alternative but nothing seems to fit what I'm looking for

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk