email inconsistencies

JayL

Reaction score
hello droid world.

I'm a new (2 weeks) Moto Droid user and have this really annoying problem with my Droid email - makes me want to take the thing back to Verizon. I have 5 email accounts setup - 1 verizon, 3 hosted by GoDaddy, and 1 Google. The droid goes for periods of hours to more than a day without receiving emails (i have each account setup to get email every 5 minutes). I can receive emails if I turn off my Droid, remove the battery, and turn it on. Then i typically receive a boat load of emails for about 1-2 hours, then i stop receiving them. this symptom is consistent with all of my email accounts. I've contacted Moto support twice and the "advanced" support person read me a paragraph about staying in touch with Droid forums - so here I am. HELP Please!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hello droid world.

I'm a new (2 weeks) Moto Droid user and have this really annoying problem with my Droid email - makes me want to take the thing back to Verizon. I have 5 email accounts setup - 1 verizon, 3 hosted by GoDaddy, and 1 Google. The droid goes for periods of hours to more than a day without receiving emails (i have each account setup to get email every 5 minutes). I can receive emails if I turn off my Droid, remove the battery, and turn it on. Then i typically receive a boat load of emails for about 1-2 hours, then i stop receiving them. this symptom is consistent with all of my email accounts. I've contacted Moto support twice and the "advanced" support person read me a paragraph about staying in touch with Droid forums - so here I am. HELP Please!

You should have the GoDaddy accounts forwarded to gmail. If you go on line to your settings and accounts tab you can set it up there. If you're receiving it through POP3 email then that's probably your issue. Check your settings in gmail on line and make sure you use imap, that should resolve this issue for you.

:welcome: to the forum and I hope this helps. :)

OP
J

JayL

Reaction score
Hook - thanks very much for your reply. by forwarding to gmail, does this mean any replies i send to a message received this way will be viewed by the receiver as coming from my gmail account, or from the original (godaddy) account? certainly i want to maintain account identity.

again, thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hook - thanks very much for your reply. by forwarding to gmail, does this mean any replies i send to a message received this way will be viewed by the receiver as coming from my gmail account, or from the original (godaddy) account? certainly i want to maintain account identity.

again, thanks.

As I read it in Google you can still set it up so it appears to go to your GoDaddy Account.

Adding a custom 'From' address - Gmail Help

Hope that helps

OP
J

JayL

Reaction score
I'm using the stock email client. All POP.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using the stock email client. All POP.

This problem was very annoying to me. Here's my solution:

1) Use k9 from the market. The stock app is broken.
2) Use IMAP if possible. Some mail servers allow you to use either.
3) In k9 be sure to set "Folders to display" to All
4) If you still have sync issues then I bet the problem is wifi.

OP
J

JayL

Reaction score
thanks to all. I'm using k9 now and all seems to work as i'd hoped - i get email regularly!