Edge of Screen Not Flush

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Screen is being displaced by the battery swelling.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
that is not good at all. that was not even a consideration and could have been dangerous. you getting a new battery or phone.
Local smartphone repair ordered a battery. They said if any screen damage occurs, they'll pay for that. But, I know them and I think they'll do fine.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Dutch7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Screen is being displaced by the battery swelling.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 that the battery would swell. It was nice because I could by replacements on ebay or Amazon. Got a S6 for work and the swelling battery would separate the glass. Got a replacement for work, a S7, no issues so far, and for personal got a S8+. Only had the latter for a little over a month now, so no issues.

But a quick question, do you leave your phone plugged in or on a wireless charger (if capable) a lot? I think that that may have something to do with it.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Well that's not good, sorry to hear that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
It'll work out. Worst case, I'll buy another phone. Best case, will replace the battery. One is ordered.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 that the battery would swell. It was nice because I could by replacements on ebay or Amazon. Got a S6 for work and the swelling battery would separate the glass. Got a replacement for work, a S7, no issues so far, and for personal got a S8+. Only had the latter for a little over a month now, so no issues.

But a quick question, do you leave your phone plugged in or on a wireless charger (if capable) a lot? I think that that may have something to do with it.
Yes, I leave it plugged in a lot. Guess I'll start recharging only when necessary.
Thanks for your experience. That'll help.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
If you have the Z Force, it has a Shattershield screen. The Z Play has traditional Gorilla Glass. If it's a Z Force it sounds like the outer layer (lens) is not adhered properly. Those can be replaced... similar to a wet application screen protector, they go on with a special wet adhesive. I know a replacement phone is a PIA sometimes, but that sounds like a warranty claim.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Local smartphone repair ordered a battery. They said if any screen damage occurs, they'll pay for that. But, I know them and I think they'll do fine.

thats good of them. hard to find that type of service these days.

Yes, I leave it plugged in a lot. Guess I'll start recharging only when necessary.
Thanks for your experience. That'll help.

though keeping them plugged in could cause the problem but in most cases there are safeguards that will prevent overcharging when left plugged in. I have been leaving my phones plugged in or wireless charging for years and never had a problem.