Edge of Screen Not Flush

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
First, nothing is malfunctioning. Screen works fine.

But the left side of my screen was not flush with the case on. Thought the case was warped. Removed the case. I can see the screen is raised up about the center from top to bottom, just on the left side.
I can visibly as it and can push it back down into place. It pops up, again. Moving it had no effect on the screen performance.

Thinking of taking to a local smartphone repair shop to see what they may offer as a fix.

I have absolutely no components with my phone. I really see no reason to buy a replacement. If I did, I bet "my next phone" would be released!!
Just wondered if anyone had this on any phone?
Thanks

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Dang it, OCD. I'm afflicted with it too, OCD , not screen lifting up.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you have the Z Force, it has a Shattershield screen. The Z Play has traditional Gorilla Glass. If it's a Z Force it sounds like the outer layer (lens) is not adhered properly. Those can be replaced... similar to a wet application screen protector, they go on with a special wet adhesive. I know a replacement phone is a PIA sometimes, but that sounds like a warranty claim.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
If you have the Z Force, it has a Shattershield screen. The Z Play has traditional Gorilla Glass. If it's a Z Force it sounds like the outer layer (lens) is not adhered properly. Those can be replaced... similar to a wet application screen protector, they go on with a special wet adhesive. I know a replacement phone is a PIA sometimes, but that sounds like a warranty claim.

I have the Z Play.
And, I have Square Trade, not Assurion insurance as Assurion told me a refund was forthcoming and never arrived. I vowed to never deal with a crook, again. I would rather do without any coverage. But, I have Square Trade.

Should I take it to Verizon? And, if I do and they look at it and say, "can't fix that and it's not a warranty thing", and hand it back and offer to sell me a new phone, which I kinda expect, I guess I can only go to Square Trade.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That sounds like a screen defect, to me. It should be covered under the 12 month Motorola warranty

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
That sounds like a screen defect, to me. It should be covered under the 12 month Motorola warranty

I got it when they just came out. Seems like longer than 12 months, but I may be wrong.
I'll go by Verizon.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was just reading about this at the moto forum at lenovo. look like they are wanting you to ship them your phone and charge 50 bucks

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
was just reading about this at the moto forum at lenovo. look like they are wanting you to ship them your phone and charge 50 bucks
I'm gonna go by Verizon, see what's up there, then by the smartphone repair place. To send it off, I would need a loaner. Otherwise. I'll just keep what I have.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I'm about to search, but if you've got a link, I would appreciate it.

Verizon said its out of Moto warranty and I may avoid using Square Trade for insurance claim and get the local smart phone repair to just replace the screen.

Or, just re-cement the side that's up.
Thanks

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm about to search, but if you've got a link, I would appreciate it.

Verizon said its out of Moto warranty and I may avoid using Square Trade for insurance claim and get the local smart phone repair to just replace the screen.

Or, just re-cement the side that's up.
Thanks

I didn't realize you had the phone longer than 12 months. I'm not familiar with that thread on the Moto Forum, but their normal policy is send the phone to them, pay a repair fee and they ship it back. Or pay a little extra to have a new one shipped to you first, then just return the defective phone.

A local shop may be able to help cheaper and quicker. Or live with it, if it's not affecting functionality.

Hope you can get this sorted out in a timely manner and not too expensive.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
That's the thread for the new Z2 Force with Shattershield Gen 3, and discussing some potential issues with the outer layer (lens) adhesive. That's not the same type of screen as TxDoc has on his first gen Moto Z Play.

my bad, knew I should have pretended I could not find the link again :) thanks for the clarification

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
my bad, knew I should have pretended I could not find the link again :) thanks for the clarification
I'm gonna go by the smartphone repair shop tomorrow and see if they can heat it, and re-cement that part.

Thanks for your help.