Easy Wifi Xoom Root??

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I highly recommend not using one click, I have seen it cause allot of issues. I have a how to guide posted on xoomforums I can link you to. I'm more than happy to help if you need it.

OP
S

schwedhart

Reaction score
thanks i would like that. I've seen step by step instructions, but they always look very intimidating. For my droid2 i used z4 and have had no problems, so i was hoping to find something similar for the xoom. But i'll try to follow your instructions on this one.

Reaction score
Just got home with my xoom. What would root access do for me on here? I like the write up - it looks allot like how I rooted my droid x the first time.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Rooting has allot of benefits, some include:
Custom kernels
Overclocking
Themes
Nandroids
Backing up apps and data
Root explorer
Much much more

OP
S

schwedhart

Reaction score
haven't gotten around to it yet, and you forgot the number one reason to root (for me anyway)..adblock

Reaction score
I rooted tonight via Steady's guide over at xoomforums - great guide and appreciate the help!

just don't be in a rush and take your time with it .... i suggest reading the whole thread - most of the mistakes (usually user error) are in there and then you will know ahead of time what is the cause instead of freaking out.

or just post in the thread and they will answer - usually pretty quick

hdsound

Reaction score
I have the Motorola xoom wifi, just register your device at Motorola website and update your personal information after you register your device. That's how I got my update :)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums