Everything you wanted to know about the Motorola Xoom

J

JohnDroid

One of the most exciting devices to come out of CES this year is the Motorola Xoom (and the Droid Bionic). This device seems to be at final hardware revision levels and is already running Android Honeycomb (Android 3.0) which puts it quite a bit further along the development cycle then any other Android Tablet we've seen at this point. The specs for the device are quite impressive:

• Android 3.0 Honeycomb
  • Dual-Core 1Ghz Processor
  • Large 10.1" Display with 1280x800 Resolution
  • 1080p HDMI Output
  • 249.1mm H x 167.8mm W x 12.9mm D
  • 730 grams Weight
  • NVIDIA Tegra 2 Chipset
  • 10 Hour Video Playback Battery Life
  • 3.5mm Headphone, Micro USB 2.0, Wifi, Bluetooth, EDR, HiD Support
  • 3G, 4G LTE (Upgradeable), 802.11n + Personal Hotspot
  • 720p Video Capture, 1080p Playback/Streaming
  • 5MP Rear Facing Camera with Dual LED Flash
  • 2MP Front Facing Camera
  • 32GB Onboard Memory, SD Card Support (after software update)
  • 1GB DDR2 RAM

You can click this link to view the full spec sheet.

The expected release date according to Sanjay Jha is late February. The timeline for this hardware and this software is quite ambitious and we hope that Motorola, Verizon and Google can work together to meet it.

About the only thing we can't tell you about the device is the expected pricing. No word on that just yet but we will keep digging.

In the mean time you can discuss the Motorola Xoom on both DroidForums.net and AndroidTablets.net.

Motorola Xoom @ DroidForums.net
Motorola Xoom @ AndroidTablets.net

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Cannot wait till it's release !!! :greendroid:

gmorgan056

Reaction score
This will definitley be awesome! dancedroid however probably out of my price range. :icon_ nono2:

OP
J

JohnDroid

Honeycomb is such a leap forward as far as the interface goes. It's really impressive.

RemyL75

Reaction score
im sure the price will be equivalent to ipad pricing =[

As long as they don't pull a Galaxy Tab move (overprice with/without contract) then I am on board. And if the pricing is along the lines of the iPad, I will def go for it, as it's bigger (.5" bigger), faster and has more features. Verizon needs to stop giving me reasons to increase my monthly bill lol

Sports1131

Reaction score
I'd buy this for sure if there was a wifi only version, but I'm not willing to pay for a separate data plan. Especially a capped one.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I'd buy this for sure if there was a wifi only version, but I'm not willing to pay for a separate data plan. Especially a capped one.

Yeah that capped data plan blows. I am hoping that they have a wifi-only version as well. If not, and if they force you to buy a data plan, I might look into buying it off-contract (besides, my bill is high enough lol)

Dan_08

Reaction score
Just buy the lowest data plan....then use wi-fi to tether to the DROID!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am almost willing to bet this thing will be as expensive or more expensive than the iPad. After seeing how much the galaxy tab was overpriced and the Xoom trumps that thing in every aspect, I just have a really bad feeling about the price for this thing.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I am gonna try and have faith in Motorola on the pricing. If they go the same route as the Galaxy Tab, then I will have a good reason (prob only) not to get it.

chris420o

Reaction score
this thing is a hot piece of sex....i want it bad there needs to be a way to get a wifi only version i dont care if i pay full price itll be my bday present to myself...along with a droid bionic....damn 1000bucks for my bday ill prob spend and i have maybe 400 bucks in my acct...ill make it happen somehow lol...one thing i wont be gettin no data play for it whats the point ill teather from my droid and use wifi in my house i prob wont take it out the house much unless vaca maybe work n stuff like that

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thing will be way over priced, have a boobie trapped lock bootloader, and horrible battery life...I guaranteeeee. I will put my investment in htc, lg, or even maybe archos.