Dry Carbon Wrapped Moto Droid

OP
DSCRACING

DSCRACING

Reaction score
Oh wow just saw a video and it's actually not too bad. A little time consuming but with patience it seems pretty doable.

I'm going to try it tomorrow and see what happens.

DSCRACING...how much bulk does this add to the phone? I'm guessing very little?

-Mike

No bulk is added, It is as if its still Naked!

DCS....how much did you end up using? I was thinking of buying a 12"X12" piece.

-Mike

12"x12" is enough for several attemps or phones.. lol, I have a full roll for the race car.

P.S. You will have to replace your screen protector if you have one, When doing the front the wrap will pull it off after cutting out for the screen.

MJ5150

Reaction score
P.S. You will have to replace your screen protector if you have one, When doing the front the wrap will pull it off after cutting out for the screen.

Gotcha, thanks for the tip. I found a couple guys selling the 12"X12" pieces fairly cheap, so I'll grab one.

Did you wrap the whole phone then go around cutting out everything? I was going to wrap the "top" first and then tuck a little around the edge, and then wrap the "bottom".

-Mike

xBLACKOPS

Reaction score
How does this affect the pocket ability, does it harm anything? I want to try it, just because its cf, and I love the design of cf.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
DSC, do you know the final thickness of the material after installation? I'm going to wrap my case but don't want to loose the ability to use the holster I have to use most of the time. Thanks. And thanks again for the great idea, going to call some stored downtown this weekend and see if anyone carries it.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I ordered a 12"X48" piece yesterday. It was $28.90 shipped on eBay. I suspect I'm going to want to go buck wild wrapping all kinds of other things once I get the phone done. :D

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
DSCRACING

DSCRACING

Reaction score
How does this affect the pocket ability, does it harm anything? I want to try it, just because its cf, and I love the design of cf.

Not at all! Its awesome. Thats where mine lives and if anything its better now!

DSC, do you know the final thickness of the material after installation? I'm going to wrap my case but don't want to loose the ability to use the holster I have to use most of the time. Thanks. And thanks again for the great idea, going to call some stored downtown this weekend and see if anyone carries it.

It adds NO THICKNESS! That was my issue with all other options. I love it now, No thickness gain but yet the dry carbon wrap is textured so it adds another dimension to this custom application!

OP
DSCRACING

DSCRACING

Reaction score
srt-4 ftw, haha

:p

hellz yhea!
Remodel003-2.jpg

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It adds NO THICKNESS! That was my issue with all other options. I love it now, No thickness gain but yet the dry carbon wrap is textured so it adds another dimension to this custom application!

SWEET! thanks for the reply. Great find and thread DSC!!!

Last edited:

Droidfish

Reaction score
Damn that looks sweet, I better wait and see how it goes for others. Like the rest of these mods, I stand on the shoulders of giants. Thanks for posting this, it's exactly what I've wanted the whole time a ZERO bulk cover. I have a sedio that I never use, I guess we all have different definitions of bulk.

cuskit

Reaction score
Damn that looks sweet, I better wait and see how it goes for others. Like the rest of these mods, I stand on the shoulders of giants. Thanks for posting this, it's exactly what I've wanted the whole time a ZERO bulk cover. I have a sedio that I never use, I guess we all have different definitions of bulk.
You can say in a way that this "is" a cover - but not in the sense of the protection offered by most covers on the market. Here you are merely applying a very thin layer of vinyl that at best might help avoid scratches - but certainly no impact resistance. This is certainly no replacement for a real CF cover such as being discussed in another thread which will definitely offer substantial protection against dropping, abrasion, impacts, etc.

I view this as basically an aesthetic statement rather than a protective cover such as the Seidio, Gel Covers, Body Gloves etc.. Mike