Dry Carbon Wrapped Moto Droid

DSCRACING

Reaction score
I have been wanting to add a custom flare to my bad boy Droid, But there is not one case I like so I decided to wrap it...

The wrap is very High End textured Carbon look! I deal with real carbon alot and this Carbon Fiber "Look" wrap passes my strict no cheap stuff here test with ease!

Keep in mind this is attemp #1 so its not perfect, But I'm in love. I am very hard ie, "rough" on my phones and the high end 3m is holding strong and after a week shows NO sign of wear. :icon_ banana:

CarbonDroid008.jpg

CarbonDroid006.jpg

CarbonDroid005.jpg

CarbonDroid004.jpg

002-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

lockman

Reaction score
You could make some coin if you precut it and included instructions. I like it, and would def buy it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nice man....where did you get the "Carbon Fiber" wrap from?

cuskit

Reaction score
Wow! That's beautiful! How about a link to where we can buy that? Or if you sell it? What kind of moola are we talking about here? And how did you apply it? Does it come with a self-adhesive backing? Come on now - don't tease us and then leave us! :gotmyvote:

Carbon Fiber Hungry - Mikey! :)

bastosero

Reaction score
I noticed you also covered the microphone hole on the bottom (can't tell very well if you did or not) and the noise canceling microphone hole on the top of the back of the phone. Does it have a negative impact on your calls?

OP
DSCRACING

DSCRACING

Reaction score
The pics DO NOT do this justice! The postive feed back and attention this thing gets in public is awesome.

Wrapping it is no walk in the park, You have razor on droid contact, as well as the use of a heat gun. I would love to wrap more Droids as I have done a few Droids and a couple i-junks for friends and they are 100% happy! As for the mic is is cut out and I have had NO ill effects.

This is where I purchaced the material, Its not cheap, But its worth every cent!
:: DryCarbonWrap.com

CarbonDroid001.jpg

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
search "3M Di-NOC Dry Carbon Fiber vinyl" for all sorts of results for where to buy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet. I love the textured look. Good job.

Goes to show that people can love a Droid like a car, doesn't it?

markdobson

Reaction score
DSCRacing did a great job wrapping their Droid! Kudos! I own a professional vehicle wrapping company as well as a sign company that specializes in sports achievement personalization (we wrap footballs and other sports equipment in vinyl) I can assure you that using the "carbon fiber" media is not a simple or easy task. So hats off to the OP for a job well done. A Heat Gun and x-acto knife are your friends when wrapping anything.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not a real fan of the carbon fiber look, but that is flipping sweet looking....Nice job.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Awesome!! Awesome! Awesome!!! I'm totally buying some wrap and putting it on mine. How do you get it around the corners with no wrinkle marks or fold lines?

-Mike

Last edited: