The Best Droid Story Ever Heard

ihaveadroid

Reaction score
A few days ago I received my phantomskinz matte finish skin for my phone. I've had it on for about 2 days now. Today, I hang out with my friend Caleb and I see his roomate's DROID on the table and I check out the home screen (very basic no widgets, just tuurable). Later, I'm at a party and I see a girl texting on a DROID so we talk alot about how awesome our phones are. The thing she thinks is cool is Google Buzz- which isn't THAT cool, but w/e.
Here's the awesome part. When leaving that party and heading to another (it's Saturday :icon_ banana:), I enthusiastically jumped up 3 stairs with the chest pocket of my wind jacket open which is where i keep the DROID. It fell, in slow motion, to the ground and clattered about 4 times, end over end. I pick it up, not looking at the damage. Ignorance is bliss. I get back to my apartment later and inspect. 85% of the damage has hit on the freshly installed skin, leaving no damage (this is a dancing banana moment :icon_ banana:). The rest hit on the corners, and while scratched a little, this kinda crap is gonna happen eventually. The thing looks fine and if I didn't tell you that I had dropped it on asphalt covered in thousands of little pebbles, you couldn't even tell. It doesn't look too bad. And you know what? Even after being drop-kick-spiked to the ground, I STILL get better service and fast browsing than an iPhone:greendroid:. Now that's durability.
-I've been drinking, Bryan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good story...but was hoping you were going to end your story with "you ended up with the gal with the Droid" LOL.

hollowbox

Reaction score
First things first.....the coolness of google buzz at any given moment is directly proportional to the hotness of the girl your talking to who likes it. Secondly....you went to a party with women and I'm assuming adult beverages.....and your on here talking about your phone skin? The only skin that should be concerning you is that of the females imbibing those glorious, moral loosening drinks. And of course, if one strikes out with the ladies, knock down, flat out drunk is the next logical choice. Geeking out over your phone skin is not even on the options list.

Last edited:

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Good story...but was hoping you were going to end your story with "you ended up with the gal with the Droid" LOL.

A guy with the Iphone got the girl after she saw your drunk ass drop the precious Droid... Too bad..

hollowbox

Reaction score
FAIL. You should've at least gotten pics of the girl. That's rule numero uno, ese.

Pictures? Pictures are fail....unless those pictures are nsfw...then your game is on.....of course in that situation you would still fail because video would be the obvious choice. But the goal is certainly not pictures or for that matter video. My god you guys gotta set your expectations higher.

Last edited:
OP
I

ihaveadroid

Reaction score
it was a toga party, i got some numbers! i was talking to these two chicks for like 15 minutes but then the police (the rent-a-cop) knocked and they went scurrying off to hide. 1st yrs.
who says i didnt bring a girl or two back and i made them wait while i typed this dorky story on the forum?..ok... ill actually go ahead and say i didnt...

rjharding

Reaction score
Girls come and go....Android is here to stay.

photo.php

OpalCat

Reaction score
First things first.....the coolness of google buzz at any given moment is directly proportional to the hotness of the girl your talking to who likes it. Secondly....you went to a party with women and I'm assuming adult beverages.....and your on here talking about your phone skin? The only skin that should be concerning you is that of the females imbibing those glorious, moral loosening drinks. And of course, if one strikes out with the ladies, knock down, flat out drunk is the next logical choice. Geeking out over your phone skin is not even on the options list.
Wow, way to objectify us women into oblivion.

jdubbya

Reaction score
Funny thing is, the actual story sounded nothing like this one, this is just a tribute.