Dropped My Droid For the 1st Time

mikespe

Reaction score
Well today I had a little scare. I dropped my droid and the protective case I have on it fell off...I stopped breathing for a second! Doesn't appear to have any damage...the keyboard seems a bit looser sliding (not much though) and the part of the case that goes on the screen isn't clipping on as firmly as it did. Luckily I got the case from ebay for $6 so it's easily replaced!...I am so glad I have the insurance though...even though I don't need it...THIS TIME! :icon_ banana:

qoncept

Reaction score
I've dropped mine a couple of times. Knew I would, and thats why I absolutely had to have a cover for it. I have the rubberized snap on case from the Verizon store ($12 I think) and there's been no damage. The case did fall off both times.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Ive dropped mine a couple times with no case. No damage at all, and they were long drops onto tile floors.

jjb

Reaction score
Dropped mine on concrete (I think there were tears), major abrasion on the metal in the upper left corner. Lucky for me the phone had some issues a few weeks later (not from dropping) so I got a new one. I did take some Harley Davidson touch up paint to the nick and it concealed the damage beautifully.

fredm74

Reaction score
Dropped mine yesterday when it fell out of my pants pocket as I was getting undressed on hardwood floor. No damage whatsoever. The Droid is a solid built phone and that is one of the reasons why I truly love it. :icon_ banana:

misaac

Reaction score
Dropped mine on concrete (I think there were tears), major abrasion on the metal in the upper left corner. Lucky for me the phone had some issues a few weeks later (not from dropping) so I got a new one. I did take some Harley Davidson touch up paint to the nick and it concealed the damage beautifully.

Part Harley, Part Droid... that's awesome.

I don't have a case for mine as I am pretty good about not dropping my phones... but I think I may get something soon just to be sure. I had to pay full price for this bad boy and I don't want anything to happen to it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's kinda funny, we have a solid hefty phone, because it's built out of metal, but that means more mass for the dropping ... :)

I like that it has some heft to it, on only a couple of occasions I was tiring of holding it to my ear, but that's when one should switch to speaker if possible.

lockman

Reaction score
My Droid and my hardwood floor are well acquainted after only 5 days. I cringe every time. As a former Nextel user for work, I'm convinced motorola builds the most physically durable phones. Have the Verizon case/clip on it.

romeov

Reaction score
I have yet to drop mine, but I did throw my keys onto a table and they accidentally slammed onto it!

As many of us have learned, the glass didn't suffer one nick (it's sort of indestructible :) but a small flecks of paint on thne metal screen bezel shipped off.. That is clearly the spot that will show the most damage. Off to harleypaint.com!

allenajd

Reaction score
i actually wish this had some sort of lanyard type slot on it to affix a chain, or string or something, as it is on the heavy side and it would be nice to have some sort of reinforcement in case it feels like slipping outta the hands..