Droid Keeps Sliding Open in My Pocket!

akleopard

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my Droid since December. I keep my Droid in my pocket most of the time, and about half of the times that I pull it out of my pocket, I find that it is slightly to half open.

This isn't such a big deal, but I'm one who gets easily annoyed at these things. I'm overprotective of my gadgets, and in this case it makes me think that whatever is holding the screen in place will get looser and looser a lot faster and my Droid will end up like one of those T-Mobile sidekicks with the messed up loose screen that just falls right open.

What prompted me to finally post this on the forum is that today I found that while my Droid was open, my keys scratched off part of the protective screen on the back side of the sliding screen. Once again, yes I'm overprotective- maybe borderline OCD, but does anybody have a fix to this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Omega384

Reaction score
I'm the same was (OCD) with my droid, best suggestion I could give you, and I would be a little harsh on yourself for not doing it already.. but never have anything but your Droid in one pocket, especially not keys. There have been a few times mine has slightly opened on me, but the slide is as solid as ever.. and due to it being the only thing in my pocket I never run the risk of it scratching.

OP
A

akleopard

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to specify- I have phantom skinz on my Droid so I have not experienced any scratches. But that is definitely something I will do from now on, considering that the back of the screen is not protected by phantom skinz.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound silly, but I had the same problem, and I just make sure now that I put my Droid in my pocket the opposite way - i.e. in such a way to where whatever I'm doing that causes it to push open slightly, is pushing against it in the "close" direction... if that makes sense. I also agree with Omega...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned putting some tape on the back of the screen to make it harder to open. Personally, I don't mix things in with my pocketed droid and I don't worry about the screen sliding open.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm the same was (OCD) with my droid, best suggestion I could give you, and I would be a little harsh on yourself for not doing it already.. but never have anything but your Droid in one pocket, especially not keys. There have been a few times mine has slightly opened on me, but the slide is as solid as ever.. and due to it being the only thing in my pocket I never run the risk of it scratching.

I put my keys in the same pocket all the time. Lets roll that video once again:

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8]YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test[/video]

hogowner

Reaction score
what I do is....I bought the belt clip for it...and instead of leaving it attached to my belt...I "clip" it to the inside of my pocket........works GREAT!!

Last edited:

dt137

Reaction score
I think you should get the Motorola DROID A855 Case Clip Holster.The thing about your pocket is that you have to consider your phone will start collecting all the dust or lint from your pocket. May not be alot but in time this will make its way into your phone.:blackdroid::blackdroid:

droid.jpg

Last edited:

hogowner

Reaction score
This is not a joke: chicks hate cellphone holsters. FYI.

this is not a joke either......you know what chicks hate more?.....

guys that have droids with key scratches :):icon_ banana:

Last edited:

dt137

Reaction score
lol....If your worried about what a chick thinks about your holster then you really dont have "game" to hook up with these broads anyways...lol

NullifiedKnight

Reaction score
Holster wearer and proud. If a chick has a problem with it, I don't need her (and you probably don't either).

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
I think you should get the Motorola DROID A855 Case Clip Holster.The thing about your pocket is that you have to consider your phone will start collecting all the dust or lint from your pocket. May not be alot but in time this will make its way into your phone.:blackdroid::blackdroid:

droid.jpg

I bought this case/holster combo mainly for the case. I did give the holster a try and the phone kept sliding out of it. Terrible design IMO.