Dropped phone, now getting constant android.process.acore errors

mottling

Reaction score
I dropped my phone and the battery flew out. After turning it back on, I get

Sorry!
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
<Force Close>

The error continues to occur, and certain apps (ChompSMS, Dialer, Contacts) won't open. Others often force close after a few minutes. I managed to get a backup via TB, and I have an image of the phone from a few months ago.

2.1 Stock
Rooted via unrevoked

Any advice?

EDIT: Did a factory reset to erase all data, still getting the error. I imagine I should try to restore the entire phone image next?

EDIT2: I booted into recovery (volume down + power on) and went to backup & restore. I did a simple restore. After a relatively slow bootup, the error is no longer showing up. Cheers.

Last edited:

mpayne

Reaction score
My Incredible did the same thing last week - though I don't remember dropping it, I did download an app (Stitcher) and it started having the errors immediately after.

After a few hours, it wouldn't even boot up - kept going through the annoying "Droooooiiiiiid" over & over. Took it to Verizon store and was told the software crashed and there's no way to fix it. They sent me a new phone overnight.

I dropped my phone and the battery flew out. After turning it back on, I get

Sorry!
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
<Force Close>

The error continues to occur, and certain apps (ChompSMS, Dialer, Contacts) won't open. Others often force close after a few minutes. I managed to get a backup via TB, and I have an image of the phone from a few months ago.

2.1 Stock
Rooted via unrevoked

Any advice?

EDIT: Did a factory reset to erase all data, still getting the error. I imagine I should try to restore the entire phone image next?

EDIT2: I booted into recovery (volume down + power on) and went to backup & restore. I did a simple restore. After a relatively slow bootup, the error is no longer showing up. Cheers.