android.process.acore killing battery on Droid1

stevo95

Reaction score
So my original standard battery was killing the phone in around 4 hours. I purchased the slim extended battery from Verizon and for the first week I was getting outstanding battery life of close to 24 hours with a decent amount of use.

Suddenly yesterday, the battery life started to reduce significantly. I noticed the android.process.acore suddenly is taking 60-70% of battery usage when it was insignificant before (dont think i would even notice it as Display would almost always be number one at 30% plus).

So I am pretty sure something is going on with that - when I drill into it, it says include packages are:

Launcher (which I dont think I use, I have LauncherPro installed)
Contacts storage
Contacts
com.android.process.providers.applications
com.android.process.providers.userdictionary

I also noticed the "sync" icon appears way more frequently in the notification bar up top. What have I tried?

Reboot, reboot and remove battery for a minute, check all of my syncing accts - Touchdown set to poll hourly at the weekend, gmail AFAIK doesnt have a setting to adjust, manual sync on contacts, no sync on Facebook contacts, other Facebook sync every 2 hours, force close android.process.acore, orce close Facebook, force close LauncherPro

I still have the same problem after doing all of these and would prefer to avoid a factory reset if possible.

Can anyone suggest anything? Maybe an app update has caused this? Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All you can do is remove apps until you get it to stop.

Its most likely a bad app.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
All you can do is remove apps until you get it to stop.

Its most likely a bad app.

Dont know if anyone has any thoughts on what app could be causing it? These are my installed apps:

Adobe Flash
AK NOtepad
Amex
ASTRO
Barcode Scanner
Battery Solo Widget
Beautiful Widgets
BetterCut
Calorie Counter
Compass
ConvertPad
DiskUSage
Dropbox
EarthRot
FlightStats Lite
Glympse
Galactic Core
Google Voice
GPS Test
Key Ring
LauncherPro
MotoTorch
myLock
Paper Toss
RealCalc
Remote Wave
Running Calculator
Shazam
ShopSavvy
Soccer Livescores
Southwest
Spare Parts
Stocks
TextPlus
TouchDown
TripIt
TV Lstings
TV.com
Ultrachron lite
Unity Icon Pack
WaveSecure
Wells Fargo
Wheres my droid
Where
Yelp
Xfinity

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gylmpse killed my battery.

Try installing OSMonitor from the market to see if you see one app requesting more resources than others.

Tough to just say what app is rogue. I don't know you are going to get a definitive answer unless you find it yourself.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
Gylmpse killed my battery.

Try installing OSMonitor from the market to see if you see one app requesting more resources than others.

Tough to just say what app is rogue. I don't know you are going to get a definitive answer unless you find it yourself.

Will give it a go, thanks. I am using stock battery usage to determine what is hoging battery and it is saying android.process.acore - I cant see any other apps in there or functions such as WiFi taking up much resource, 70% is this process which is what makes it so frustrating!

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
I dont understand why "Launcher" is eating up so much process when I dont even use it, I use LauncherPro.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you stock?

I think its still a rogue app.

I had this same problem with acore and launcher and it was one of the most recent apps I installed.

I would try to remember if there's one that was just installed or updated and go from there.

Launcher isn't the homescreen launcher. Its another app using its resources somehow.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
Are you stock?

I think its still a rogue app.

I had this same problem with acore and launcher and it was one of the most recent apps I installed.

I would try to remember if there's one that was just installed or updated and go from there.

Launcher isn't the homescreen launcher. Its another app using its resources somehow.

Yep, non-rooted. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to start uninstalling apps and if that doesnt fix it, could be a factory reset.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
OK, so I deleted a few apps and then figured it would be quicker to just do a factory reset. That has cured the problem for now. Phone is running much faster and the battery drain problem has stopped for now. Hopefully won't reappear. I left it unplugged for a little under 2 hrs after a full charge, on standby with no activity and pre-reset it sucked 30% of juice in that time.

Didnt charge, reset the phone, spent an hour or two downloading apps via wifi, setting things up etc and the phone lasted 10 hrs before it needed charged, so things are looking up...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good I hope it stays that way for you.