android.process.acore force closes too much...

jbg25

Reaction score
UPDATE...figured out why android.process.acore force closes!

So is there a way to figure out why this keeps happening? It happens maybe 3 times a day.

I recently flashed my phone back to 2.0.1 using sbf, then rerooted also using sbf to flash spr...no easy root here, wiped several times and installed UD8. So I could not have had a cleaner install. I did restore my apps and settings using Ti Backup...YES I made sure not a single system process or setting restored (not that it would matter since my last backup was on UD8 anyway).

I have also had some intermittent issues with 3g...where it is on but not connected and I have to reboot to get it back. And on occasion all my widgets crash and I have to reboot

Any thoughts?

EDIT 9.17.10: PROBLEM FOUND AND SOLVED!!!!

It IS ADW....BUT...it only happens when I use ADW's restore settings and desktop functions. I re-installed a clean download of UD8...played for a while...no issues...restored ADW's settings and BOOM...Acore crashed.

Re-installed clean UD8 and just redid my settings and desktop myself and NO ISSUES!

YAY
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif

Last edited:
OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
bump?

anyone?

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
was happening to me to today.

Have you tried different kernels?

Rescue squad mod told me to uninstall UD8.0, wipe data and cache 5 times, reinstall the UD rom...then reboot.

After it has rebooted with the UDrom...be sure to leave the ud kernel on the first boot up. Then mount SD card with phone on...move whatever kernel you want to the SD card...apply update for the kernel.

Reboot...

see if that helps. I havent had it happen to me since I did this earlier today. But the exact same thing you just described was happening to me, so I reinstalled the rom and kernel today. No probs since...all day...heavy usage.

stedrocklp

Reaction score
I was also having this same problem for a little while. The way I solved it was exactly as stated above. I re-wiped (x5000000) then reinstalled UD without installing a kernel. Let the phone run for a while on the stock kernel and when all is clear on the home front install the kernel of your liking. I'm unsure what actually causes that FC but it went away and never cam back after I reloaded. As for the 3g issue I havent had any problems but anytime I load a new rom I always do the classic *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2 just to make sure everything is up to snuff. GL

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was also having this same problem for a little while. The way I solved it was exactly as stated above. I re-wiped (x5000000) then reinstalled UD without installing a kernel. Let the phone run for a while on the stock kernel and when all is clear on the home front install the kernel of your liking. I'm unsure what actually causes that FC but it went away and never cam back after I reloaded. As for the 3g issue I havent had any problems but anytime I load a new rom I always do the classic *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2 just to make sure everything is up to snuff. GL

does this charge activation fees?

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
I have not loaded any other kernels. Running stock UD8.

The crazy thing is, I ran UD8 with no problems before I ran into a problem with Clockwork Recovery and had to flash an sbf file to fix. So what I have done to my phone in the last week is

1 flash 2.0.1 sbf
2 flash sprecovery sbf
3 wipe/format multiple times
4 install UD8 from original file (non nandroid)
5 re-installed my apps with TiBackup. (all files were deleted and then rebacked up while in UD8...but still only reinstalled apps and settings no system files whatsoever.

Not sure why I would have problems now with in essence a virgin phone, when I had none on the same droid that had run (or tried to run) most of the ROMs out there at one point or another.

stedrocklp

Reaction score

does this charge activation fees?

No this wont cause you to get charged anything. All it does is re-activate your phone and update your PRL which sometimes helps with getting steady 3g signal. As for the OP, it would seem the only weak link in the puzzle would be titanium backup. I know you said you restored no system apps but sometimes I feel like titanium creates more problems than it saves. The googlebackuptransport apk should automatically restore any and all apps that you downloaded through the market. Maybe give it a shot without using TB.

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when I wiped and reinstalled UD8, it backed up my apps automatically. Isnt it built into the ROM? If so, maybe there is conflict between that and TI.

Are you rebooting after flashing the rom...or are you directly restoring apps before rebooting the phone? Not sure about TI, dont use it...but if you install the rom, reboot the phone...let it start up good, then do whatever else you need to do to restore your apps. Sorry if that was no help lol

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
TiBackup is an app...and I never run it until my phone has redownloaded whatever apps it is going to redownload. Then I restore only the missing apps, my settings and the data to several of my most used apps. I do not touch anything in UD8.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
in this case...it would not matter as the backup was from UD8.

But what I mean is Ti has non app backups that have the Ti icon...things like wifi access points, blue tooth pairings, widgets, and accounts. It also color codes everything green being things that can be safely restored on any rom (wall papers, playlists, bookmarks, alarms etc.) ...every thing white is app related...anything red is system files or settings that could be ROM specific and should not be restored.

stedrocklp

Reaction score
Well I wouldnt think restoring any of that would cause problems but if you continue to have this problem maybe try reflashing without restoring any settings. Just my $.02

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
It started happening to me as well.... i click on fix permissions in the UD settings and it fixes it for a while... may be a coincidence but whatever makes me not have to reinstall the ROM i'm down to try :p

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it did it to me again today as well. Only once. It seemed to be after I installed the snesoid emulator and play games on the phone. I was running smooth for a while...then I installed that...and it started doing it again...so I uninstalled the app.

Weird thing is though, I have tried to change my boot animation and install it...and reboot...but it never shows my boot animation...it only boots up with the Ultimate droid boot animation.

doesnt matter which boot animation I use...it never applies it. I noticed it would get laggy scrolling through my app drawer. I rebooted and it was fine. Still no animation. I fixed permissions...etc...couple times. No luck. I also used terminal emulator to wipe dalvik cache a couple times and it helps with the snappiness and response of the ROM, and still have not gotten the error since doing this. I dont know. UD8 has been quirky for me lately. Just minor things here and there.

Another thing is my lockscreen media control buttons dont show up when Im using pandora. They did the first time I used pandora...then they disappeared...its checked in settings, but they never show on the lockscreen .

little quirky stuff like that irritates me. Especially if I am bragging about my phone rom to someone and showing them the UI, and features...and it does some stupid stuff. Im beggining to think its UD8.0.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
yeah...I tried the idea from page one where it was recommended I make a nandroid, wipe 5 times and reload the nandroid.

As I thought...did not work. Happened to me again trying to make a call today. dialed # ... hit the call button...acore crashed and had to reboot before the phone sped up again.

Running fix permissions now. Will see if that fixes