Dropped my Bionic

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Had the scare of a lifetime last night as I slipped on a muddy sidewalk and my 2 week old Bionic flew out of my hands and onto the concrete parking lot. Cover and battery both came off. i knew it was over already. I picked up the back, then the battery and then slowly peek to see what i was sure a shattered glass. Much to my surprise, not a scratch on the glass at all. Couple scratches on the corners of the phone though. Put the battery in and snapped the back cover on then turned on and it works flawlessly. Thank you Motorola for building a phone that can give people a second chance.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad it survived, that would be a tragic loss

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
There have been a few knocks on the build quality of the Bionic. I'm thinkin this phone is very well built, props to Moto for that!

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Nice! Glad your Bionic survived. Hopefully you carry insurance incase your not so lucky next time. When it comes to building quality durable phones Motorola knows what's up.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I would have prefered to bust my a$$ than my Bionic. LOL Glad both are OK.
That's why I've ALWAYS bought Motorola phones (starting with a StarTac) they're made to Mil Specs. As a buyer for the DOD, I know that hammers may cost 400.00, but they'll stand up to any environment, shock, vibe, etc.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just be glad it didn't end up like my OG Droid...

1289849968767.jpg

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
"You won't like me when I'm angry!" "Hulk smash!" Dang! I beat my OG Droid up and didn't leave but a couple scuffs!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I actually don't know how that happened. I got out of my car, walked 30 feet into home depot (Music playing thru Blue Tooth) and realized my phone wasn't with me. So went back to car, wasn't there. Looked all over, under cars, grass, etc.. Only made it 10 feet into home depot before I noticed it gone. So I used the music as a 'homing' device, and as I walked, it would start to fade out, so I turned around and it would start picking up again. Finally ended up standing next to a trash can right outside home depot.. I thought, nah .. but I had looked everywhere else, so dug thru the trash, and there it was, like that, on the bottom. So all's I can assume is I dropped it and it got ran over by a truck or something and someone chucked it in there.. music player still works tho :)

But it looks like a bullet hit it... would have made a much more interesting story...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I actually don't know how that happened. I got out of my car, walked 30 feet into home depot (Music playing thru Blue Tooth) and realized my phone wasn't with me. So went back to car, wasn't there. Looked all over, under cars, grass, etc.. Only made it 10 feet into home depot before I noticed it gone. So I used the music as a 'homing' device, and as I walked, it would start to fade out, so I turned around and it would start picking up again. Finally ended up standing next to a trash can right outside home depot.. I thought, nah .. but I had looked everywhere else, so dug thru the trash, and there it was, like that, on the bottom. So all's I can assume is I dropped it and it got ran over by a truck or something and someone chucked it in there.. music player still works tho :)

But it looks like a bullet hit it... would have made a much more interesting story...

wow, that's pretty stupid of someone, if I found a shattered phone I'd take it to customer service or to vzw and have them lookup the own my the esn... what an idiot, throw away a phone just because it was ran over.

pretty impressive it still works though, the music that is.

TyrantII

Reaction score
There have been a few knocks on the build quality of the Bionic. I'm thinkin this phone is very well built, props to Moto for that!

I don't see why.

It's built solid and has Gorilla glass. It's light as heck, but that's because of the lack of a keyboard and the compact innards.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If it was my Bionic my heart would have dropped, and yes it does look like it was run over several times...anyways, RIP OG Droid....