Just dropped my Droid...

OyVOid

Reaction score
It happened to me, just pulling it out of my pocket. I'm usually sooooooooo careful. I had a Nokia N95 for a year that never touched the ground, but the Droid dropped.

The Droid dropped.

The Droid dropped.

It fell from about 3 feet high, hit on the upper corner of the screen, bounced, did a cartwheel, and landed on it's back... all in super-s-l-o-w motion.

In that instant, the world stopped spinning. There was no sound. Nothing else existed.

All in the blink of an eye.

Result: not a scratch... but dayummmmmmmmmm!!!

It's built like a hybrid Rolls Royce/Tank, but still, gotta be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, spot on! You described so well. Split second heart wrenching freak out the first time it happens. I never dropped it from my car but I have dropped it from my desktop at work 4 times now. The first time, I turned around and elbowed and it went flying. OMFG! I would never ever say to anyone that it is just a phone and I don't want to hear anyway to say it to me. The Droid is much more that. :0

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've dropped mine while getting out of a car...when it was in my lap and I forgot about it...

Talk about your heart drop :(

As a result, mine has a few scratches around the screen on the front :(

Shanged

Reaction score
I've dropped mine a few times now, on hardwood floors from a few feet up.. The trim around the volume rocker is loose, and there is a scratch on the bezel, but the screen is 100%..
I've got a Seidio case on it now, which hides the loose trim. I would keep the Droid naked, but the loose trim bothers the crap out of me.

clyons077

Reaction score
This Tuesday, at the bar, completely trashed knowing that classes where canceled for Wednesday, I completely threw- not dropped- my naked droid damn-near across the entire bar trying to get it out of my pocket...

...one small nick about an inch away from the top on the left-front side... I can see the white plastic beneath...

wow. Just wow, I thought to myself the next morning- knowing how I totally drunk-abused my phone...

I love this phone... Now I just have to see if it has theft deterrent hardware installed too...