Droid heals itself.

wil318466

Reaction score
Maybe not exactly heals itself.. but it sure feels better than when I dropped it.

Background : Dropped my phone face down (ouch) after getting out of the car with coffee in one hand and the phone in another, trying to turn off the music with just one hand (I've leanred my lesson, from now on I'll just stop for a second before I get out of the car).

Anyway, I dropped it and stopped for a second, picked it up and the phone was jagged and scratched on 2 corners. I was, to say the least, a bit annoyed. Thinking I might need a new phone because I'm so anal, I kind of "rubbed" the corners where the jagged edges were. I scratched them with my nail, trying to smooth out the scratches, and sure enough after a day or so it feels fine. In fact, if I don't really look at it in the light, it looks perfectly fine from a foot away or so. So, if you do drop your phone, just try to scratch it with something abrasive (fingernail, edge of something.. I dunno) and it'll smooth out the jaggedness. The paint is a bith chipped, but it feels fine. I'm pretty happy, actually.

And, for all of you who are wondering, the glass didn't skip a beat. No scratches, 100% perfect. Awesome.

-Wil

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol good to know! i painted my camera button with gold fingernail polish after all the paint came off it LmAo

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
Thnx for the idea corniacakes the pain chipped off my camera button and now because of you it is gold again.
Thanks.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol sure anytime:D sheesh it's no wonder im a mod now :D

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
lol good to know! i painted my camera button with gold fingernail polish after all the paint came off it LmAo

Actually, things like that don't bother me. I woudln't mind if the button was silver. In fact I think the Droid might look better with all silver tones.

The screen is what matters to me. Everything else is kind of not that important. Pain chips, color coming off button.. thats no big deal, as long as the glass is perfect I'm happy.

-Wil

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the button doesn't turn silver unfortunately. i wouldn't mind that either. it turns WHITE and looks terrible like plastic <gasp>

OyVOid

Reaction score
And, for all of you who are wondering, the glass didn't skip a beat. No scratches, 100% perfect. Awesome.

Good to know, because I use my Droid to listen to all my cool songs at work practically every day and I've knocked it off my desk twice so far. I have a hardcase cover to take the bounce and so far no injuries. My cube is carpeted but I have the hard plastic floor mat that is really hard.