DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take my hat off the the Administrators and Mods for making the tough, but right decision.

It is obvious that DF gave BlackDroid the ample opportunity to do the right thing.

Mike

The right thing?????? He did the right thing every day, great support, great roms... He got scroooed. And the users on this forum did as well.

Horrible decision, and here is why. Cyanogen himself says that there is nothing wrong with what BD put in his rom:

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/android-soap-opera-ultimate-droid

His complaint was BD did not give credit. You allowed a vocal minority to convince you to kick BD out.

To recap, Cyanogen says BD's rom's contents is okay, but he wants credit. BD gives credit. Cyanogen's fanbois wreck the forum and say rom contents is not okay with THEM. This vocal minority posts many negative comments about DF, and the admins kick BD out the door. DF is not the same without BD. Unbelievable.

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

It may be about "LYING" for you. However Cyanogen himself says it's open source and the contents were okay as long as credit is given. The point is, no one here should care what bothers "you". They should only care about what bothers the original author (Cyanogen). I cannot begin to imagine why the mods here care about what you and the vocal minority post as long as Cyanogen gets what he wanted (credit).

Hardly. DF was being harmed for allowing him to host on here. I really don't care what Cyanogen wants either.

Since it seems that the UD FBs are emotionally encumbered by this issue I will simply leave this thread rather than try to discuss it.

[/QUOTE]WAIT!!!! UDv10 was added to rom manager after all this?![/QUOTE]

No its been there.

Also, people have to keep in mind.

BD is not more important then the site, no developer is. That's why the site made the decision they did.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMNry4PE93Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMNry4PE93Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Plenty of other roms out there folks. Don't get all twisted up in this. I'm sure BD is probably still on IRC, right?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMNry4PE93Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMNry4PE93Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

let me try again
[video=youtube;CMNry4PE93Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y]YouTube - Zombie Kid Likes Turtles[/video]

it was not the loud minority who won. It was the honest majority who won. You still have full access to bd. (on his site) the integrity of this forum was restored. This is not about the size of users. It is about doing what is right.

hahahahahahahaha......so now we all are gonna be like an emo -droids....break out the black hair and skinny jeans...

that's a good process. When you can't argue facts make lots of distracting noise.

fact is we all are idiots ......fact ...if it wasnt for cyan and bd...would any of you rooted in the first place.....fact....he brought tons of people to this forum......fact.....cyan asked for cred....he was given that cred.....fact.....bd got kicked off this forum because whiney snivelin pukes could not take those facts and drop it!!!!!!
......im bringing lite to the fact that we all lost a valuable member and dev.....this crap is free....and what isnt free is pretty dang cheap.....aint gonna find that in a apple....but you will prolly find our core!!!!

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

It may be about "LYING" for you. However Cyanogen himself says it's open source and the contents were okay as long as credit is given. The point is, no one here should care what bothers "you". They should only care about what bothers the original author (Cyanogen). I cannot begin to imagine why the mods here care about what you and the vocal minority post as long as Cyanogen gets what he wanted (credit).

Hardly. DF was being harmed for allowing him to host on here. I really don't care what Cyanogen wants either.

Since it seems that the UD FBs are emotionally encumbered by this issue I will simply leave this thread rather than try to discuss it.

funny you mention that, you must of forgot the last couple days that droidforums were attacked by CYANOGEN FBs!

I'm glad to see this forum is no longer promoting an official ROM. I'd love to see DroidForums support the community, not a single ROM.

+ THIS!

I have seen BD go through this before at alldroid forums
Nothing new.

I sent Koush multiple PM's on CyanogenMod.com/forum/ .... that is his home right?

So what is your excuse for him not answering me there? I used CM5.0.5.x before UD and will use again after. I am not taking sides as I have no horse in this race. I just like to go where I can get help.

if you cant reach him by pm on cyanogenmod then you can reach him in irc #koush, if hes not around there is other devs around that can help

See that's the problem... we are droidforums members! We should be able to get help here. Blackdroid helped us here! We did not have to go somewhere else to track down someone for help. All this has done is make members have to visit cyanogens site now. So droidforums looses and its members. I am real sure with cyanogen having g his own site he will be around here to help out.. pathetic!

seriously? how many people used uds site for support? nobody said anyone has to switch over to CM. im just saying every dev has a home forum where they are a regular thats all....

Can someone point out where I might can find BD and his future roms? I'm not mad at this site for their decision, I just like BD's work and I wish to continue to use it. I don't know who's going to be the king of DF's now since most of the dev's seems to have their own "home" forum/site, but good luck. BD, you're like the blscksheep of the Android Community, but you continue to have a mass following. That speaks volumes.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.......figured id ask....seemed like a sensable question.....lol
just feel kinda sad that they ruined all this fun....to think of all the vast info thats gonna be lost cause they stole my toy....whatever bd will pop up somewhere....prolly alldroid and thats where ill get his rom....or android central....im shur they would love to host him sense he brings in high numbers of people....and thats a fact ya'll cant deny!!!!

Actually YES...it seems Koush wants UD out there as he has added version 10 to ROM manger both the NexTheme AND the UltimateDroid theme.

Hmmmmmm...

WAIT!!!! UDv10 was added to rom manager after all this?!

It was added DURING all this, and after the Ultimate Droid name, it says "Another CyanogenMod based theme!" Now that's friggin mature....

This isn't just about Cyanogen asking for props- he just had the clout to finally tip the scale (thank god)

Check it for yourself- the Apps that came bundled with his software are PAID apps at the Marketplace. I'm sure the developer of SetCPU wasn't thrilled either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back