DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone point out where I might can find BD and his future roms? I'm not mad at this site for their decision, I just like BD's work and I wish to continue to use it. I don't know who's going to be the king of DF's now since most of the dev's seems to have their own "home" forum/site, but good luck. BD, you're like the blscksheep of the Android Community, but you continue to have a mass following. That speaks volumes.
UltimateDroid.com

Well now this pisses me off! I could care less what "source" blackdroids ROM came from... but unfortunately now I cannot get updates to the ROM that I chose to use... thanks to cyanogen, koush, dbu. .... all of You are f'n cry babies because you did not get a "thank-you"! I dont care what you have done for the "android world" because what you have done today is ruin this community with your childish behavior. You guys should have taken this matter to staff and blackdroid in private. So this could have been worked out in private. I have lost respect for all of you. And blackdroid your just as much to blame too! You should have just posted your damm sources in the first place your just as big of a f'n child too! Mods... sorry to be so blatent but I am truly ticked!

It amazes me that such smart people with such good talents.... have the maturity of a 5 year old.

So at what point do flat out lies become mature?

How hard is it to say, Wow guys, sorry. You are right, I should have given credit where due.

And then edit his threads.

Problem SOLVED.

Honestly, I think he was thriving on the animosity and controversy it started.

The case was proven, the facts were shown. Yet, he continued to lie, which made the problem WORSE.

You tell me, how mature is that?

I said blackdroid is as much to blame too.. he is included in that 5 year old category to. They are all to blame. That's why I'm mad.. they all chose to act like babies and we the member's are the one that are now deprived. This was a ego war played out in public and has come to this result. Everyone lost on this.

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

It may be about "LYING" for you. However Cyanogen himself says it's open source and the contents were okay as long as credit is given. The point is, no one here should care what bothers "you". They should only care about what bothers the original author (Cyanogen). I cannot begin to imagine why the mods here care about what you and the vocal minority post as long as Cyanogen gets what he wanted (credit).

I looked up multiple meanings for the word lie, and none of them had anything to do whether software was open source or not.

Lie | Define Lie at Dictionary.com

lie

1   /laɪ/ Show Spelled [lahy] Show IPA noun, verb,lied, ly·ing.
–noun1.a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

2.something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.

3.an inaccurate or false statement.

4.the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

Did you read my post? I am not saying he did or did not lie. The point is, its an issue with people that don't matter (anyone not named Cyanogen). Cyanogen wanted credit. Others want the rom gone because of lying or rom contents. The mods here should only care what the original author (Cyanogen) wants, and not what those intent on wrecking the forum want.

Me being a fairly new droid owner and recently new to rooting/putting on roms, UDv10 is the first custom rom I had put on basically because of all the people I saw that used it. And from what I can tell it is GREAT! I had no idea there was anykind of debacle going on between these two. I really don't have time to read all threads, I am usually on here to find answers to a question or two then I am off once I am done. I really have no opinion on the matter since I had no idea anything was going on, but if the UD/BD forums are going to be locked/removed and I won't be able to access them to look for solutions that might already be there, then I will most likely visit this forum much less than I do now. I like UD and do not plan on switching at all any time soon.

It may be about "LYING" for you. However Cyanogen himself says it's open source and the contents were okay as long as credit is given. The point is, no one here should care what bothers "you". They should only care about what bothers the original author (Cyanogen). I cannot begin to imagine why the mods here care about what you and the vocal minority post as long as Cyanogen gets what he wanted (credit).

Hardly. DF was being harmed for allowing him to host on here. I really don't care what Cyanogen wants either.

Since it seems that the UD FBs are emotionally encumbered by this issue I will simply leave this thread rather than try to discuss it.

funny you mention that, you must of forgot the last couple days that droidforums were attacked by CYANOGEN FBs!

You are right. That was an incredibly immature and wrong thing to do. I was not on IRC so I am speaking only of what happened here.

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

Careful UD fans. They are trying to kick us out next!!!

Maybe ALL the UD fans should just dump this forum and start our own, of course I don't know how lol! But this is BS!!!
im waiting on the go ahead from bd but if we do we will need donations which can be made on the donation page on ultimatedroid.com to the server cost paypal if we do were already 1/3 there

This isn't just about Cyanogen asking for props- he just had the clout to finally tip the scale (thank god)

Check it for yourself- the Apps that came bundled with his software are PAID apps at the Marketplace. I'm sure the developer of SetCPU wasn't thrilled either

What are you talking about...SetCPU was not in either 9.8 or 10 when I used it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.......figured id ask....seemed like a sensable question.....lol
just feel kinda sad that they ruined all this fun....to think of all the vast info thats gonna be lost cause they stole my toy....whatever bd will pop up somewhere....prolly alldroid and thats where ill get his rom....or android central....im shur they would love to host him sense he brings in high numbers of people....and thats a fact ya'll cant deny!!!!

Actually YES...it seems Koush wants UD out there as he has added version 10 to ROM manger both the NexTheme AND the UltimateDroid theme.

Hmmmmmm...

WAIT!!!! UDv10 was added to rom manager after all this?!

Koush Has it Under Premium, He knows buy putting UD on there peeps will pay 4 bucks...least he knows it good stuff

Honestly, I can understand why DF would ban soemoen for lying about point that the truth was already known. However, all of those that used UD's roms and then turned against him because of not giving credit to someone else, that is wrong. All developers do this for free and the minoroty or the majority act as if they paid for some of this Sh t. If the discrepancy was between two parties and they were able to work it out then that should be it.

I remember reading something about DF hosting UD's roms in the future and that they would have to be paid for. Much like the premium version of Rom Manager. Is that were the problem lies. If so then state that as forum moderators. Let everyone know that this was a business decision and not some calling of justice like it is made out to be.

Can someone point out where I might can find BD and his future roms? I'm not mad at this site for their decision, I just like BD's work and I wish to continue to use it. I don't know who's going to be the king of DF's now since most of the dev's seems to have their own "home" forum/site, but good luck. BD, you're like the blscksheep of the Android Community, but you continue to have a mass following. That speaks volumes.

I already asked this question but I got nothin because everyone is still talkin poop to pay attention to BD fan's needs. Basically I feel like we aren't wanted here anymore because we are blackdroid fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back