DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well out of all of the forums I have been on, which is 4 or 5, blackdroid has been kicked off two!

Hope to find his third so i can join...copy cat or not his roms rock....i give credit to google/android teams for the roms to mod no one else.

I think we, as a forum, would be better served to simply stop hosting developers altogether, and just let the forum be a place to discsuss their work--which would be published elsewhere. The community would still be served, and the "need" to shred other devs would be inappropriate in this forum.

No hosting devs? I know you said you don't have a rooted phone, but that is one of the more ridiculous statements made throughout all of what occurred. For those of us who actually have rooted phones, it is an indispensable resource.

That said, the mods had to do something and did. Everyone will be fine, the droid community will live on, and hopefully other devs will feel more comfortable about coming around now. And when they do, they'll be able to have sections where they can help those of us that utilize their services.

BD was the best in "customer service". But this was his native forum too. It is kinda weird that the loud minority won. And again, i like both roms very much. I can't remember who posted it but it does kind of feel like my rom parents divorced. It'll just be one more droid site i shuffle through. (this site, kellex's site, and then BD's new site)

It was not the loud minority who won. It was the honest majority who won. You still have full access to BD. (on his site) The integrity of this forum was restored. This is not about the size of users. It is about doing what is right.
+1 to you sir. the well being of DF users should come first and the admin and mods made sure thats how they handled it.

Well I think all blackdroid needed to do is give thanks were it suppose to be instead of giving him sel f props on the codes he said he did. I liked his roms but damn don't be ashamed to say you used someones else code just say thanks.

Horrible decision, and here is why. Cyanogen himself says that there is nothing wrong with what BD put in his rom:

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/android-soap-opera-ultimate-droid

His complaint was BD did not give credit. You allowed a vocal minority to convince you to kick BD out.

To recap, Cyanogen says BD's rom's contents is okay, but he wants credit. BD gives credit. Cyanogen's fanbois wreck the forum and say rom contents is not okay with THEM. This vocal minority posts many negative comments about DF, and the admins kick BD out the door. DF is not the same without BD. Unbelievable.

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

this blows. blackdroid was extremely helpful. and never too busy to answer questions. at the least i hope the other devs take a lesson from him and actually help those of us who dont know much about this. its a sad day at droidforums

The thing is, too many people were caught up with how helpful he was. Well, you have time to be helpful if you're not really developing..... I believe that the MD5 thing proved him a liar, and it is unfortunate. Think of it this way: I could be the friendliest, most helpful clerk at the local store. That's not going to save my job if i'm stealing merchandise.

Doesnt get much more clear then this

2345454239y6.jpg

If you're trying to show how many posted in his forum vs the other ROM forums, I'd guess it is because he pretty much hosted his ROM here while the other ROMS were mostly hosted on another forum, and questions and discussions take place there. So, if all of those posts weren't here, I don't see how it matters much if they were mostly discussing UD. They can discuss UD where he nexts hosts 'his' ROM.

You have to add that the majority of threads in BD's section are about all the issues with his ROM. Not only did he steal a bunch of hard work, but he turned it into the buggiest ROMs available.

That's BS. Running v10 right now.... Most stable ROM i've used. This is crap. He shouldn't have gotten the boot. LAME.

bd was the best in "customer service". But this was his native forum too. It is kinda weird that the loud minority won. And again, i like both roms very much. I can't remember who posted it but it does kind of feel like my rom parents divorced. It'll just be one more droid site i shuffle through. (this site, kellex's site, and then bd's new site)

it was not the loud minority who won. It was the honest majority who won. You still have full access to bd. (on his site) the integrity of this forum was restored. This is not about the size of users. It is about doing what is right.

hahahahahahahaha......so now we all are gonna be like an emo -droids....break out the black hair and skinny jeans...

so can we get bd rom on rom manager?

holy s*#t..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.......figured id ask....seemed like a sensable question.....lol
just feel kinda sad that they ruined all this fun....to think of all the vast info thats gonna be lost cause they stole my toy....whatever bd will pop up somewhere....prolly alldroid and thats where ill get his rom....or android central....im shur they would love to host him sense he brings in high numbers of people....and thats a fact ya'll cant deny!!!!

Actually YES...it seems Koush wants UD out there as he has added version 10 to ROM manger both the NexTheme AND the UltimateDroid theme.

Hmmmmmm...

Horrible decision, and here is why. Cyanogen himself says that there is nothing wrong with what BD put in his rom:

Comments on: New website launched!

His complaint was BD did not give credit. You allowed a vocal minority to convince you to kick BD out.

To recap, Cyanogen says BD's rom's contents is okay, but he wants credit. BD gives credit. Cyanogen's fanbois wreck the forum and say rom contents is not okay with THEM. This vocal minority posts many negative comments about DF, and the admins kick BD out the door. DF is not the same without BD. Unbelievable.

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

Careful UD fans. They are trying to kick us out next!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back