Droid1 touchscreen sensitivity

emillyr

Reaction score
I've had this phone for about 2 months now and love everything about it except for the fact that every single call has hung up! I can't put the phone up to my face because it'll hit the end button and end the call! Either that or it will mute the call or put it on speaker phone randomly.. I'm not even exaggerating when I say every single call i've had on this phone has had something happen due to my face just touching the screen.. Does anyone else have this problem and/or any solutions? I really enjoy the internet and all the other features of the droid,, but if there's no solution to this i'm gonna have to change phones..

I've tried pressing the power button during a call to turn the screen off so it wont happen but it automatically turns on randomly and ends up happening anyways

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a bad sensor. Where did you get the phone?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
E

emillyr

Reaction score
I got it at a Verizon store, my sister got one as well and she had the same hangup issues so she switched....So is it not common?because i've been trying to look up reviews and no one seems to have this problem either..

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
by your username im going to assume your a female and most likely have long hair.

Its a known issue that those with long hair have the same problems. If your hair gets between the phone and your face the proximity sensor wont turn the screen off when you put the phone to your head. Try tying your hair back or pulling it behind your ear when your using the phone...

OP
E

emillyr

Reaction score
hmm interesting, i'll definitely try it and see if that's the issue. Thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Excellent point!

by your username im going to assume your a female and most likely have long hair.

Its a known issue that those with long hair have the same problems. If your hair gets between the phone and your face the proximity sensor wont turn the screen off when you put the phone to your head. Try tying your hair back or pulling it behind your ear when your using the phone...

DroidForums Junkie!!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
as short haired male I am disappointed in the answer...maybe sideburns do it too?

possibly.... the proximity sensor is on the front of the phone to the left of the Motorola logo so if your sidburns get in the way it could be an issue.