ending call with your cheek..

coupon

Reaction score
So I've had the droid for a few weeks and love every bit of it...EXCEPT during calls I keep ending my calls with my face. Any way to lock the screen without having to press the power button right away? Even my LG Dare had protection against this depending on how you held the phone during a call so the Droid has got to have some kind of thing I'm not seeing.

Reaction score
the droid has a proximity sensor for when you put your face to the phone...if it doesnt work maybe you need to take it back. mine works just fine, havent ended a call or pushed anything once since november.

holdfast

Reaction score
^ What he said.

Try putting the phone just to your ear first and you will see the screen go out. Then if you take the phone away the screen will come back on again. Its pretty sweet technology IMO.

OP
C

coupon

Reaction score
hmm..looks like time for a new droid! better start the unrooting process..or maybe its because i rooted

*edit

hmm weird it works when i bring my finger to the earpeice area but not my ear/face...

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I have been totally unsatisfied with the prox sensor as well. Not only do I sometimes end calls with my cheek but it also seems to hesitate for an unacceptable amount of time when I pull it away and want to look at my contacts list or whatever. Then of course I hit the sleep button right as the thing is turning back on and I turn it back off. Very frustrating. I am usually not impatient but that prox sensor has to work VERY quickly and it doesn't.

OP
C

coupon

Reaction score
hmm..looks like time for a new droid! better start the unrooting process..or maybe its because i rooted

*edit

hmm weird it works when i bring my finger to the earpeice area but not my ear/face...

Is there any chance of light shining through from the other side?:icon_ devil:

lol maybe haha..i'm really confused as to why my ear/face won't activate the proximity thing!

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Some people report that their long hair, or side Burns are confusing the sensor. Do either of these apply to u?

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have hung up on a few calls, what I had noticed, is that it happens when I use my left ear. Being right handed, I actually noticed that I bring the phone to mouth first thus hitting my cheek on the end call button. Again user error. Made the adjustment and no more hangups.

Droid is actually teaching me things about myself, kinda creepy. Lol

paperrhino

Reaction score
App to lock the screen

My wife was having the cheek dialing problem. I looked at Screebl but it doesn't really do what we need it to. I started researching what it would take to write an app to solve the problem myself (I'm a programmer so it wouldn't take that much) and in the process I found Screen Suite on another forum. It is an iPhone screen
lock clone but it has an option to lock the screen when a call connects. It seems to solve the problem pretty well so far.