DROID X2 Pictures and Specs Surface: Dual-core Processor, 1GB RAM, and qHD Screen

droidshot®

Reaction score
Well for me I have the stock D1 and still love it.I really don't think 4g will be in my area this year so that's no big deal for me. I don't care about a FFC either because a lot of that is just show off and when I talk on the phone, I like it to my ear.For me I like the camera bulge on the phone.It helps with handling it sometimes. I really don't like the fact they took off the hard camera button and I hope it takes better pics than the X now.But what I would like to know is what ever came of the Terminator 2 phone they were working on???

Natey2

Reaction score
The phone won't have a front facing camera, but will have that dual-core power, ...
"Power" implies greater power drain on the battery too, and often, greater heat, and consequently, less usable time away from the charger.

Isn't that why they released a Celeron processor for laptop computers that wasn't as powerful as the Desktop processors of that period?

Is the battery any better than the current Droid X battery?

My previous Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone (SGH-i617) could go for about 5 to 7 days before I needed to charge it.

My DroidX can go for a little over a day before I need to charge it.
I hear iPhone users have to charge daily too: they often have charging docks at work AND at home :(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

geoff5093

Reaction score
The phone won't have a front facing camera, but will have that dual-core power, ...
"Power" implies greater power drain on the battery too, and often, greater heat, and consequently, less usable time away from the charger.

Isn't that why they released a Celeron processor for laptop computers that wasn't as powerful as the Desktop processors of that period?

Is the battery any better than the current Droid X battery?

My previous Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone (SGH-i617) could go for about 5 to 7 days before I needed to charge it.

My DroidX can go for a little over a day before I need to charge it.
I hear iPhone users have to charge daily too: they often have charging docks at work AND at home :(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
I remember back when I had the Samsung Blackjack and Epix (on AT&T) which ran WM6, I could go for days as well in between charges with quite a bit of use. I am in search for the best ROM and best kernel to get the most out of my Droid 1, and so far the best I've gotten was a little over 12 hours of light use before it died.

creaky

Reaction score
The 1 gig or RAM is nice but no LTE means no global so it's still the Bionic for me (unless the rumored PMU issues are not resolved).

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I own an X right now. After this phone has been out for a couple months, and if for some reason my phone breaks does that mean that it will be replaced with one of these?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I own an X right now. After this phone has been out for a couple months, and if for some reason my phone breaks does that mean that it will be replaced with one of these?
Only if they have no X devices at the time

Sent from my DROID2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
FFC is only good if you have someone else with it. The FFC is not a big thing for me.

Cool and interesting feature, but I agree it will take time before adoption is widespread enough to make sense. And only the big boys (i.e. McD's, BP, Walmart, etc) will have the cash to take a hit on being early adopters. And what is the real value proposition? If you don't take credit cards you will lose sales, but right now not having FFC isn't going to cost you a sale. It will be a fairly slow adoption, I think, and you won't be able to ditch the physical credit card because it will be a while until all the mom & pop shops have FFC.

creaky

Reaction score
FFC is only good if you have someone else with it. The FFC is not a big thing for me.

Cool and interesting feature, but I agree it will take time before adoption is widespread enough to make sense. And only the big boys (i.e. McD's, BP, Walmart, etc) will have the cash to take a hit on being early adopters. And what is the real value proposition? If you don't take credit cards you will lose sales, but right now not having FFC isn't going to cost you a sale. It will be a fairly slow adoption, I think, and you won't be able to ditch the physical credit card because it will be a while until all the mom & pop shops have FFC.

Do you mean NFC?