Droid X Stuck in Airplane Mode.

Skeevie

Reaction score
Last night I was trying to change the Verizon Wireless label on my lockscreen and somehow managed to make my phone get stuck in airplane mode. I don't even know if the events are related, but I don't know what to do.

I got my phone for christmas so it's running 2.21 rooted with z4root. I don't even care if I have to wipe the whole phone, I'm just completely freaking out because my Dad will kill me if I somehow broke it. Although, I went back to the original eri.xml file after it stopped working, I don't know what to do!

Please, please please help me as soon as possible. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Make my droid dance again :'( dancedroid

If any more info is needed let me know.

Update: When I try to turn it off by touching the power button, it does absolutely nothing. When I go into settings however, It's already marked, so I unmark it. Upon unmarking it, it briefly says enabling wireless connections under it, then it checks itself like it did nothing.

maderschramm

Reaction score
99.998% sure an sbf flash would fix it. Its kind of a drastic solution though. Instructions in my signature

OP
Skeevie

Skeevie

Reaction score
That does seem a little drastic. Do you have any idea what the problem is? I mean, maybe if I knew I could try to find an answer. otherwise I guess I'll have to flash it.

maderschramm

Reaction score
my guess is something to do with the eri.xml or user error. It's really hard to diagnose. Did you make a nandroid backup before editing the eri? Restore that and it should resolve the issue. You should always make backups.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to your bootstrap app. It should be Droid boot strap. Make sure that you give it super user permissions but tapping the tap bootstrap recovery. Then tap reboot recovery. Using the volume key navigate to wipe data and cache. Press the camera button.

When it's done navigate to reboot. Hopefully that will fix it.

OP
Skeevie

Skeevie

Reaction score
Okay! thanks for that, and hookbill, i'll definitely try that before the flash. Thanks everyone! :) will report on findings tonight when I get home and try all of this.

OP
Skeevie

Skeevie

Reaction score
Tried recovering, didn't work. Flashed, and it's working like a charm, if charms actually worked ;)

You guys both rock, and you both saved a 14 year old from his dad.

Thanks!