D2G- Stuck in Airplane Mode & Mismapped Keys

DiscGo

Reaction score
I am an idiot. I thought that I had done a backup of my phone but I didn't. I am now stuck in Airplane mode with fission 2.5.7. I have tried 2.4.3 but I am still stuck in airplane mode.

I really need some help saving my phone. Some of the keys are mismapped on the physical keyboard and I am stuck in airplane mode. I currently do not have voice or data, and it is stuck in airplane mode. I can use wifi but that is it.

I would love to just get back to the default rom but I don't seem to be able to do so. I tried using RSD Lite, with DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf but the device properties do not show up in RSD Lite. Also the MTP USB Device driver fails to install correctly.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

draexo

Reaction score
Fission Rom is currently at 2.4.3. for the Global. The 2.5.7 release is for the plain Droid 2. Things get messed up if you try to put a Droid 2 Rom onto a Global.

You need to download RSDlite and Use the Droid 2 Global SF file to restore to factory defaults. The links are in this forum. It looks to me like you have the correct files. It sounds like you are having driver issues so RSDLite can not see the phone. Which Motorola driver set do you have? I have a separate set for 32 bit and 64 bit.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am an idiot. I thought that I had done a backup of my phone but I didn't. I am now stuck in Airplane mode with fission 2.5.7. I have tried 2.4.3 but I am still stuck in airplane mode.

I really need some help saving my phone. Some of the keys are mismapped on the physical keyboard and I am stuck in airplane mode. I currently do not have voice or data, and it is stuck in airplane mode. I can use wifi but that is it.

I would love to just get back to the default rom but I don't seem to be able to do so. I tried using RSD Lite, with DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf but the device properties do not show up in RSD Lite. Also the MTP USB Device driver fails to install correctly.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

Turn your phone off. When you turn it back on, hold X on the keyboard while you hold the power button. You'll get a triangle with an exclamation point inside of it and a little android dude. Press the search (magnifying glass) key on your keyboard. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to select wipe data/factory reset, and press ok, then yes. When that's done, select wipe cache, then yes. Your only option from here is to reboot. Once it reboots, power it down one more time, and when you turn it back on, hold the up (towards the screen) arrow on the keyboard while you press the power key. This will take you to the bootloader. You should get a black screen with white writing that says "Bootloader V D037" (or something like that). Plug your USB cable into your computer now, RSDLite should recognize it.

Also, be aware that you must have RSDLite4.9 as all other versions don't support the D2G's hardware, and you must have the motorola drivers (MDM6600 baseband drivers, or something like that) from their website, and RSDLite doesn't play well with Windows 7, or even vista 64bit, so using a computer with XP on it is your best bet to make RSDLite work.

Once you get RSDLite working, at the end, it will reboot your phone and say "Please manually power up this phone".. Don't panic. Switch your USB type to PC Mode, and you'll get a pass message in just a few seconds.

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
uhm. i dunno if ud be comfortable using one of my nandroid backups to get you back up on your feet. lemme know if you do.i think think its a lot safer than doing a full SBF Flash.

I just do not know if...anyone has done it before thats all. shoot me an email. ill go ahead and upload one to my website

[email protected]

ExodusC

Reaction score
When I had to do some work on my Droid 1 using RSDLite, I remember I couldn't get it to recognize.

I eventually discovered the 64-bit drivers were being unreliable. When I installed the 32-bit drivers on a Windows 7 32-bit machine, it recognized my Droid and I was able to flash it.

Just my suggestion, as many PCs run 64-bit Windows now.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.