Stuck in Airplane Mode

Porkweasel

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a new problem or something that is or is not associated with Rubix, but this morning my DX was stuck in Airplane mode and NOTHING would remove it. I tried everything from flashing old backup's, pulling the battery, etc, but I couldn't get any cell reception and I could not toggle Airplane mode off. I had to SBF to get the phone back to working condition. Anyone else experiencing this or was this just a random fluke?

Thanks!

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
My vote is random fluke. I wonder what time of day it was exactly when you experienced this event. I've sbf'd my device at like 2am....when vzw does there nightly maintenance....and could not activate my device. Backup assistant will not sync during this time either.

Now whether your device was actually in airplane mode is amother issue. Is it working now?

DX on rubiX Focused 2.0.1 via DF app

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Working now that I SBF'd. It had to happen sometime around 1-2am. I went into the settings and Airplane Mode was selected and wouldn't allow me to de-select. Rebooted, checked again, still wouldn't leave Airplane Mode. Went to power menu and I couldn't even select it. Very strange. Data wipe and SBF did the trick.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

soundpwns909

Reaction score
I just decided to switch from running MIUI to Liberty and I really love the ROM but I have one issue that is a deal breaker, my phone is stuck in airplane mode.

So in more detail I rooted my phone by first flashing it with .608 and then a repacked .629, since I had already updated to .629 locking up the bootloader, and then using superoneclick to root my phone, successfully. I then installed Rom manager and flashed the clockwork recovery, then I installed bootstrapper and used that to boot into clockwork recovery. Then from there I flashed the Liberty 3 v2.0 ROM onto my phone, cleared and formated and then booted into it, and it worked perfectly. Once I got through setup though I noticed that I had no signal. I looked at the quick toggle for airplane mode and it was off, and then looked in the settings area and noticed that airplane mode was on, so I tried shutting it off but it just sat there and said enabling wireless connections until my screen shut off, and when I turned it on again Airplane Mode was once again checked. I tried making calls with it but it tells me that airplane mode is enabled and asks if I would like to shut if off, I say yes and it just sits there trying to and eventually gives up.

So has anyone else had this problem, and more importantly does anyone have any suggestions for me. Thanks in advance everyone.

And let me know if you need more information.

soundpwns909

Reaction score
Ok so after a lot more research and messing around I found out how to fix this. It turns out that Liberty isn't fully compatible with D2G even though it said it was so I had to do some extra configuring. I downloaded a file that changes how the radio works or something, unfortunately I can't find the link again but I flashed that and booted up and everything worked perfectly.