Droid X startup issue

Big Fate

Reaction score
u should download Task Panel X on your phone as a task killer, and no word on Ginger im still waiting on that

I thought Task killers were no good on the OS system?
I'll give it a try but what seperates Task Panel X from Task Killer?

Djay

Reaction score
task killers are a good thing. Just like on computers if you have too many things running at once your computers slows down and gets laggy. Same with phones. I mean u cannot have one and just make sure you go to manage apps and force close your apps or you can download a task killer to do it all at once for you. The reason I say task panel X over ATK is because ATK for some reason is causing a lot of force close issue on a lot of the devices and in some cases causing customers screen to be unresponsive. Task panel X has shown to be a good task killer on android devices. Same for other OS's that multitask they all have some type of way to kill task on them.

Big Fate

Reaction score
Yea I'm starting to see that... Ever since I DL'd it, I havent really been expirencing the same problems I originally had. Whenever it starts getting a bit laggy I kill the selected apps and i'm back to normal.. Great app.

The thing I dont understand is I thought the OS system was ment to do this for you? But obviously its not

GatorBait1996

Reaction score
So, I'm gonna beat a dead horse here.

I just received my DX this past Saturday from Wirefly, the first thing I noticed was when I powered it on it hung at the boot logo (M), it has done that several other times since when I have to reboot it, I end up pulling the battery and all is good, I don't have any lag or freezing. The weird thing is, when it's stuck at the boot logo eventually I can hear my SD card initialize and the phone turn on, all I see is the "M" logo though, I was feeling around on the phone downby the slide lock and I could feel a haptic response, it's like it booted up in the background just fine but all I saw was the boot logo, that's when I pull the battery and usually all boots up just fine afterwards. That was Verizon stock OS.

I have since rooted, installed chevyno1's ROM for the DX and changed my boot logo to a custom logo, it still happens sometimes when I reboot, that's why I'm assuming it's a build issue and a known problem. The OTA update was downloaded yesterday by accident because I wasn't quick enough to choose "later", I have since renamed the upgrader.apk to .bak and renamed otccerts.zip to .bak as well so I won't get the OTA updates in the future, I'm still on 2.3.15 until I know it works with my ROM or another ROM comes out using the new 2.3.340.