Droid X Bricked?

Cb96

Reaction score
I bought a Droid X yesterday off craigslist. (I know bad idea). It was working fine at first, but once i activated it the menu screen was all black except for the top status bar. So i messed around with Clockwork Mod a little bit and now my phone is stuck at the M Logo. The computer cant recoginize my droid. And i cant get into Clockwork Mod (Which i think is also know as bootloaded?). I went to the verizon store and they said they couldnt fix it and they didnt think motorola fixed these problems. This was my first droid phone, and i reset it to factory settings as soon as i got it, so i didnt root the phone or anything. Is their anything i can do. Please explain well, im a newbie and won't understand if you don't.
Thanks.

diverbelow

Reaction score
You can use rsdlite and the froyo sbf to flash froyo to your Droid x. Bricking a phone is non existence since we have the sbf file.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Look around for the official "Droid X - OTA 2.3.340". Also, learn how to SBF the phone using RSD Lite. Problems I had when using Windows 7 was first right-clicking properties and Compatibility tab and set to run as admin.

OP
C

Cb96

Reaction score
Okay i'll read all of that. And also, my phone won't turn on unless it plugged into the wall and the charge light wont turn on. But it wont hold a charge, and when i plug it to the computer the charge light turns on but the phone will not turn on. Is this just a simple battery problem? And is this something the verizon store could do because i'm not very computer savy. Could me using the programs you linked lead me to more problems?

OP
C

Cb96

Reaction score
Ok i have some questions. I downloaded this
Download the Official Droid X 2.3.340 OTA Here - Android Forums
Still trying to figure out a way to get it onto my SD card because my computer doesn't have the proper slots. But once i get it on my SD what do i do? Because i cant get to the bootloader to install it. Sorry if this is a really stupid question.

Chimuel

Reaction score
Okay i'll read all of that. And also, my phone won't turn on unless it plugged into the wall and the charge light wont turn on. But it wont hold a charge, and when i plug it to the computer the charge light turns on but the phone will not turn on. Is this just a simple battery problem? And is this something the verizon store could do because i'm not very computer savy. Could me using the programs you linked lead me to more problems?

The phone's charge light doesn't turn on at all... there isn't one, just a solid green light when the phone is fully charged **EDIT:Just checked, mine doesn't do that (I'm on stock 596). The Verizon store will not do this at all... they can offer you a replacement at a price of course (if you're lucky... since you didn't buy it from them)

Ok i have some questions. I downloaded this
Download the Official Droid X 2.3.340 OTA Here - Android Forums
Still trying to figure out a way to get it onto my SD card because my computer doesn't have the proper slots. But once i get it on my SD what do i do? Because i cant get to the bootloader to install it. Sorry if this is a really stupid question.

First, make sure the name of the file is "update.zip" (without the quotes).
Next, when it's on your SD card, power off your phone completely.
Then you have to hold down the Home button while powering the phone on. Keep pressing the Home button until a Triangle with an exclamation mark appears.
After that, release the Home button and press the search button. Now you will see a menu. To navigate in the menu, you use the Vol+ and Vol- buttons for Up or Down, respectively and the camera shutter button for Select.
Okay, in the menu, select "Factory Wipe" and let it run through that. Once that is finished, select the option to "Update from update.zip"

Well, you can do all that and find that it won't let you since your phone is modified and the update will be seen as outdated What you really should be doing is either a Factory reset from the recovery menu or SBF back to 340 using the instructions in the link I mentioned above.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cb96

Reaction score
Okay, i'm pretty sure i could do it. Im going to school so ill do it when i get home. I just need some way to get my SD card to my computer. And do i just drag and drop the file into the SD card?