Droid X Release Quantity

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I paid my buddy half for Droid X and he will buy it for me then same day I get it I will sell my Incredible for the other half, anyway he called his local verizon store to see if this is possible and it is. I had to put him as authorized user on my account, but they did inform him that only certain stores in the area are getting it and the store he's getting it from will have 60 units. Doesnt seem like they have to many quanties on hand. Just thought I'd fill everyone in on my findings.

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I paid my buddy half for Droid X and he will buy it for me then same day I get it I will sell my Incredible for the other half, anyway he called his local verizon store to see if this is possible and it is. I had to put him as authorized user on my account, but they did inform him that only certain stores in the area are getting it and the store he's getting it from will have 60 units. Doesnt seem like they have to many quanties on hand. Just thought I'd fill everyone in on my findings.

I hate to tell you but thats probably inaccurate. Verizon is not allowed to tell you the number they have. In fact, they wont even know the true number until the day before, or even the day of! Keep in mind Motorola is much better at getting units out on time than HTC, not at fault of HTC, but the limitation still exists.

OP
Robo-dRoid

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
Ok just fowarding what I was told and maybe they do it to boost sales?

ninjabox

Reaction score
I hate to tell you but thats probably inaccurate. Verizon is not allowed to tell you the number they have. In fact, they wont even know the true number until the day before, or even the day of! Keep in mind Motorola is much better at getting units out on time than HTC, not at fault of HTC, but the limitation still exists.

I was at my local verizon store tonight, they told they had 40 of them. I even got to play with the Droid X. It is sweet. Extremly big for a phone but it's friggen awsome. I think I might get one :icon_ banana:

Reaction score

I was at my local verizon store tonight, they told they had 40 of them. I even got to play with the Droid X. It is sweet. Extremly big for a phone but it's friggen awsome. I think I might get one :icon_ banana:

They HAD 40 at the time, that in all likelyhood is not correct, as inventory changes daily, if not hourly.

karmajay

Reaction score
They HAD 40 at the time, that in all likelyhood is not correct, as inventory changes daily, if not hourly.

Since they aren't selling them till Thursday the count will probably stay pretty close till then. :)

ninjabox

Reaction score

The only way inventory will change, is by going up because they're not released yet. Is going up a bad thing, I think not. The one I got to play with is the one thats going to go on display, so that's not considerd part of inventory.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that we see numbers from VZ, yet there will be shortages. You can't get an incredible, and we know why, but the X should not have this issue, period.

[facepalm]

dangerous

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Must be the same store as me.. 60 units there as well.

Signum

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

you sir, are incorrect.

my store received 70 last thursday.

how do i know we received 70? becuase i received the inventory. how do i know we still have 70? cause the phone hasnt released yet -.-

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

you sir, are incorrect.

my store received 70 last thursday.

how do i know we received 70? becuase i received the inventory. how do i know we still have 70? cause the phone hasnt released yet -.-

LOL!!

My store got 50 yesterday and I think it will remain that way as well. This is also not including if we even get any drop shipments on Wednesday afternoon for even more units.

I dont think there will be a shortage issue like the Incredible because they are not going thru Samsumg to get their AMOLED screen instead they are going to good ole TFT screens.

webrazor

Reaction score
I agree.... most local Vegas stores told me how many they were getting/had.

mig991

Reaction score
My local store rep, White Marsh, Maryland, told me a ton. She said 200 units, opening at 8am on 7/15, shipments thereafter every Thurs around 10am, with no idea how many to be shipped weekly.

Very high volume store so if I have no luck online, think I will give it a shot.