Droid X Custom Boot Logo I'll create

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I believe that the bootanimation can be installed to one of two locations. My bootanimation installs to /data/local which takes priority over the other location which I can't remember... so in the future you should be able to just open a terminal, login as root, and delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip

Apex 2.0 RC2 DX

Correct. The other location is /system/media.

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums

Ronde90

Reaction score
do you think you could make this into a boot logo for my Droid X, so that the the gate is the size of the entire screen? Thanks.

mjwhitta

Reaction score
@Ronde90 - you can't create boot logos full screen, only 480x182

@bishoy - here you go it's kinda small... also the instructions are the same for mac or windows... the programs you use will probably be different. I don't know if GIMP has mac support but photoshop should work, and you'd have to google for a good hex editor on mac.

MattHenson20

Reaction score
I want this one, unfortunately Im ay my work PC with no editing software, if you could scale it down without having to crop it you would be my hero, I'd like it to fit the whole screen if possible, thanks!

bishoy

Reaction score
@bishoy - here you go it's kinda small... also the instructions are the same for mac or windows... the programs you use will probably be different. I don't know if GIMP has mac support but photoshop should work, and you'd have to google for a good hex editor on mac.

thank you very much! i am going to try this out right now

and in regards to the hex editor, i found this one:
Hex Fiend, a fast and clever hex editor for Mac OS X

I'm going to try and make one sometime this week and I'll post back and let you know how it turns out

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

thank you very much! i am going to try this out right now

and in regards to the hex editor, i found this one:
Hex Fiend, a fast and clever hex editor for Mac OS X

I'm going to try and make one sometime this week and I'll post back and let you know how it turns out

If you use photoshop:
Save as
Set filetype to .raw
Filename logo.bin
Save

No hex editing necessary :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
If you use photoshop:
Save as
Set filetype to .raw
Filename logo.bin
Save

Nice tip!

Always glad to learn something new about PS

Yeah that was actually posted about 100 pages back by p3droid, the guy who made the zip in the first place, but apparently I'm the only one who does it that way lol.

djakrse

Reaction score
If you use photoshop:
Save as
Set filetype to .raw
Filename logo.bin
Save

Nice tip!

Yeah that was actually posted about 100 pages back by p3droid, the guy who made the zip in the first place, but apparently I'm the only one who does it that way lol.

Yeah I hear ya. Someone else figured out how to do all this stuff. I just use shibbey's app.

Incidentally, now that his app supports DX and D2, I'm trying to save all of mine in every format, so conversion will no longer be necessary. I've just started so not much to choose from yet.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Nice tip!

Yeah I hear ya. Someone else figured out how to do all this stuff. I just use shibbey's app.

Incidentally, now that his app supports DX and D2, I'm trying to save all of mine in every format, so conversion will no longer be necessary. I've just started so not much to choose from yet.

Does it only do the sbf or can it do the zip method also?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rc040181

Reaction score
Can u please zip to bootlog
Thanks

rc040181

Reaction score
Dude thanks so much it works perfect!