Droid X and tethering

gl12ox05

Reaction score
I saw a post that the Droid Incredible could tether at no extra cost. It just required an app. Anybody know if the Droid X can do the same thing.

I also saw that you could use the droid x as a mobile hotspot, but it would cost $20 extra. I dont want that.

crunkman989

Reaction score
Droid X Tethering

From what I've heard the later Droid models has an app that can be obtained from the market. But as far as the Droid X having an installable app like this.....I haven't heard anything yet.....but I'm sure it does.
Good luck on your search.

mddx

Reaction score
For $20 per month extra and limited to 2gb of data

wa2ddl

Reaction score
on an island off the Florida coast (Hutchinson)
I used tether for my BB storm to my Dell 6000 and it was sooo good that I will look for it when I get my new X tomorrow (15th) from Verizon. So good that I got rid of the $60/month connect that verizon offered, and used tether exclusively. The only problem I had was downloading movies with it...it took quite a while, but for email and Internet...you cant beat it. I found tether for $29 for the Storm; a one time fee vs. $60 per month for verizon.

If I can find tether for the X, that is a purchase right there! Next will be a call to Freedon Keyboards to get the Freedom 2 to pair with the X. I had to deal with them when I upgraded the storm to 5.0.0.328 and within 2 weeks they had the fixes going and paired beautifully. Thing I like about the Freedom was that I could leave it paired all day and just one key click reconnected with the storm immediately, even after hours of standby. Oh and battery??? I'd say 3 months at several hours per day.

Now...where's datebk 6 for Droid?????

wa2ddl

Reaction score
on an island off the Florida coast (Hutchinson)
Oh, one more thing...when the Droid X does arrive tomorrow, I am throwing the Storm into the ocean. It has caused me more grief and talk about hanging...even with the latest and greatest software from the brightest minds of Canada.

Get another Blackberry??? NEVER!!!

jvmxtra

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing...when the Droid X does arrive tomorrow, I am throwing the Storm into the ocean. It has caused me more grief and talk about hanging...even with the latest and greatest software from the brightest minds of Canada.

where will u throw out ur storm? i will do da same!!!

matty76

Reaction score
PDANet has a Droid version. My Dad is running it on his Incred. We've been using it for years on our WinMo phones.

Great little program, you need to connect via USB, but that's fine for my purposes.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't throw your stom's intot he ocean, please mail them to me so i may sell to crackberries who haven't yet seen the light. :)

jeffc103193

Reaction score

where will u throw out ur storm? i will do da same!!!

I threw (dropped) mine in a pool, and thus I am getting a Droid X :).

cypherx82

Reaction score
I had some success with Barnacle on my Droid, but I unrooted it when going to 2.1. I'll just have to see what I can do with the Droid X when I get it. I really hope Verizon doesn't gut tethering from Froyo. :(

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i cant reach the ocean from my house so the pool will have to do :)

Reaction score
The tethering for the BB Storm was told to me that it was $29 a month... I would have bought it if I new other wise....

Yeah I'm going to chuck that paper weight of slow to hell as soon as I grasp my X tomorrow.