Bluetooth Tethering?

Elkay

Reaction score
I'd like to know, too. I went through all the usual steps and got my X connected as a shared Internet connection, but when I try to browse I only get the Verizon screen asking me to subscribe to Mobile Hotspot.

2sls

Reaction score
Another request for a guide on setting this up in Windows

Freedoom

Reaction score
Well you need a computer that has a bluetooth adapter, then go to Network and Sharing Center, on left Network Adapters, bridge bluetooth with local area connection or wireless, doesn't matter.

Izord

Reaction score
1. Make droidx bluetooth discoverable.

2. Open bluetooth devices in windows -> Add a device.

3. click on the phone that pops up.

4. click ok that the PIN numbers match.

5. Give it a minute to install the drivers, Don't worry if there's still an exclamation point in a triangle. It will still work.

6. Right click on the phone in the windows BT devices panel.

7. Select Connect as -> Access Point.

8. You are now online.

Elkay

Reaction score
Yeah, I did that, didn't work. I'm getting DNS resolve errors and Windows is telling me no internet access. I'm seeing plenty of packets going back and forth, so not sure what's up. I've tried disabling my firewall, no dice. I've set up more networks than I can count and done tethering for years with a handful of devices, so I'm no newbie at this. I was tethering just fine with my iPhone on this same computer a few weeks ago, too. Not sure where the fault is.

Izord

Reaction score
I tethered two different windows 7 computers with these steps. What OS are you using?

I never disabled my firewall by the way.

Elkay

Reaction score
Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I've tried it a dozen times and no dice. It tells me I'm connected with no Internet access, with the network icon with the yellow /!\. Stumped.

Lurpa

Reaction score

5. Give it a minute to install the drivers, Don't worry if there's still an exclamation point in a triangle. It will still work.

8. You are now online.

TY FOR THIS!!! I was stuck on it having the exclamation point and saying there was no driver. Didnt even try to connect lol Thanks again.

the5rivers

Reaction score

8. You are now online.

TY FOR THIS!!! I was stuck on it having the exclamation point and saying there was no driver. Didnt even try to connect lol Thanks again.

Did this exactly, and still doesnt work. Same issue with no driver for the peripheral device. Still searching for a solution. Thanks though!

chiaroscuro

Reaction score
Pretty simple actually.. I turned off airport, turned on bluetooth in both my macbookpro and droid x, paired them up... after that just hit on the bluetooth icon in osx top bar and clicked on droidx - > connect to network - and presto i was browsing at 3g speeds on my mbp

when i had airport on, i blv it prefered wifi.. so...

billyanks2

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i've been trying that, though in a different order. the diag on my internet connection has a green light next to isp, but yellow next to internet and server. any idea why?

chiaroscuro

Reaction score
nope.. no idea abt that.. sorry... i am currently typing on my mac while tethered.. so didn't get the need to chk diag.. as it connects flawlessly each time.. do you see the droid x in ur devices in the bluetooth dropdown and can you click on connect to network?

billyanks2

Reaction score
yup, and it connects. by "diagnostic" i mean when i go to settings>network>assist me