Droid X 2.2 Rooted using Droid 2 root method

avt123

Reaction score
Any way to use terminal emulator for this like there was for 2.1 root?

donballz

Reaction score
So I was running 2.3.13 and screwed the pooch trying to eff with a system file. Boot loop. Flashed SBF. Factory reset. Went back to Froyo.

Now I have lost root and I can't get this to work. I have followed these directions with success twice in the past so I don't know what they deal is. I let it run all the way out. Takes way longer than it usually does, and then I go back and still have the $ prompt. Any ideas what the problem is?

shadowx582

Reaction score
I'm also having some issues... I don't have permission to either view nor write anything to my /data folder.... so writing /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

donballz

Reaction score
I'm also having some issues... I don't have permission to either view nor write anything to my /data folder.... so writing /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?
Did you enable USB debugging?

shadowx582

Reaction score
yep, and just checked pdanet which also requires usb debugging and it works fine but when I try to push anything to /data I don't have permission. Tried better terminal too just because it was suggested somewhere and it didn't work either.

Last edited:

shadowx582

Reaction score
figured it out. Turns out my adb driver would recognize my phone for a little while then cut off. Eventually ended up using media sharing mode but hey, whatever works right.

Now I got it rooted with 2.2 and messing with Flyx abit. Thanks for the help :)

wuwho224

Reaction score
Please help a noob. I tried rooting my X 2.2 using this method but it's not working. When I run the doroot.bat file, the windows command prompt says "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." But it also says at the end "Congratulations, you should now be rooted. No Errors" After rebooting, I still don't see the superuser apk in my toolbox.

I extracted the zip file and moved the contents to the tools folder of the android-sdk_r07-windows file. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Daali

Reaction score
Please help a noob. I tried rooting my X 2.2 using this method but it's not working. When I run the doroot.bat file, the windows command prompt says "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." But it also says at the end "Congratulations, you should now be rooted. No Errors" After rebooting, I still don't see the superuser apk in my toolbox.

I extracted the zip file and moved the contents to the tools folder of the android-sdk_r07-windows file. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Take a look at the sdk setup guide, you skipped the part where you need to place the ENVIRONMENT PATH$ variable to point where you have the android sdk tools/ located. That way, the batch file can call ADB.EXE from anywhere.

07aspenx

Reaction score

Thank you for your help!

The same issue was happening to me. But after reading Daali's post (Thanks) I figured it out. What you need to do is right-click my computer and go to Properties. Then click Advanced system settings and under the Advanced tab click on Enviroment Variables... Under System variables look for Path and click Edit... Now at the end of the Variable value: add the ; plus the path of where you have your Android SDK located (Mine was C:\android-sdk-windows\tools) then click OK. After that run "doroot", wait a few minutes and you're all set to go. I am now rooted like the others with OTA 2.2. :icon_ banana:

mikeytoth

Reaction score
i followed directions to the t. i see the superuser app but it opens and there is nothing inside. i tried the hotspot feature and it worked? rooted? oh, maybe I should have downloaded it before rooting?

Last edited:

donballz

Reaction score
Thanks aspen! I have rooted and deodexed twice and never knew how to do that! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

millbean

Reaction score
received my second dx and was afraid to death after the first one bonked to try and root again! but what the heck the d2 method looked simple enough and let me say it worked like a charm! now when flashing between 2.2 roms etc should i always wipe? and do i still need bootstrap?