Can you unroot the root method for 2.2?

linkedup8484

Reaction score
So I am wondering if it is easy to unroot the new root method for android 2.2 that works on the droid x? (I think it is the same as for the droid 2). I just want to root for wireless tether I won't change anything else.

OP
L

linkedup8484

Reaction score
By the way the method I am talking about is this 1:

Instructions for Windows:
1. Extract and Update Android SDK package to your computer. The file comes in a [COLOR=#4290DE ! important][COLOR=#4290DE ! important]zip [COLOR=#4290DE ! important]file
[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Just open it up and drag and drop the android-sdk-windows folder to your C drive. Next, extract the files from the DORoot zip file to the tools folder of Android SDK. You should be moving 7 or 8 files into the tools folder.
2. Install Motorola Drivers
(Tip, to stop the launching of the Verizon/Motorola site, go to the MotoConnect icon in the bottom left, right click, when phone [COLOR=#4290DE ! important][COLOR=#4290DE ! important]connects[/COLOR][/COLOR], nothing.)
3. Make sure you phone is in PC Mode with USB Debugging enabled
PC Mode: Notification blind -> USB connection -> PC Mode
USB Debugging: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
You need USB debugging icon showing in notifications. Try Charge Only if you can’t get PC Mode to show USB debugging.
4. Double-click and run doroot.bat
5. Let it run.
6. That’s it, you are done.
[/COLOR]​

parkbsu

Reaction score
Same here...is anyone working on an unroot method, other than attempting to use the 2.2 SBF (which would even that work??)?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Same here...is anyone working on an unroot method, other than attempting to use the 2.2 SBF (which would even that work??)?

What's the big deal???

Use Root Explorer, go to system/bin, tap ("RW" button in upper right, if it says "RO" leave it alone)

Look for Su file and delete it ...If you installed Busybox it will be there also, delete it too. (check in system/xbin for both also just in case)

DO NOT EXIT ROOT EXPLORER YET..

Then go to system/app and look for Superuser.apk and delete it...

Reboot and you are no longer Rooted.

You can also do all this with a bunch of ADB commands and all that stuff, if you like typing and chances of mistyping a command :)

kdkinc

Reaction score

What's the big deal???

Use Root Explorer, go to system/bin, tap ("RW" button in upper right, if it says "RO" leave it alone)

Look for Su file and delete it ...If you installed Busybox it will be there also, delete it too. (check in system/xbin for both also just in case)

DO NOT EXIT ROOT EXPLORER YET..

Then go to system/app and look for Superuser.apk and delete it...

Reboot and you are no longer Rooted.

You can also do all this with a bunch of ADB commands and all that stuff, if you like typing and chances of mistyping a command :)

TOOO Simple LOL :icon_eek::icon_eek:

Thank YOU

OP
L

linkedup8484

Reaction score
does that actually work? why would they have adb method if you could just delete the files?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
does that actually work? why would they have adb method if you could just delete the files?

To practice their code typing skills I guess... not my thing. Some of these guys can type ABD code faster than you and I can talk.... it took me 5 minutes just type this sentence... so I cheat and do stuff like that the easy "modern" way, point an click (or tap) :)

Besides that I grew up on DOS in the early 80s..did my share of code typing, I'm done.

Even better, get a copy of Android Commander, a Windows based GUI app for your PC that is just like a File Manager but works on the Droids... You click away and do just about anything to the files on your Droid...

OR, go do it the ADB way...and when you get just one letter/number/charactor wrong in the process and "brick" your phone......come back and see me...I need a good laugh today! J/k!!!!!!

BTW, you mean you don't trust advice from 928Droid??? Oh, the shame!!!

Ha, Ha, ... I wouldn't trust me either :)