Droid Turbo 2 From Droid Turbo 1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would put a glass screen protector over it too..if I jump...I will..my vzw store didn't even have one ..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But it already has 5 different layers....its not like the current Gorilla Glass technology. You would add a 6th layer?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
But it already has 5 different layers....its not like the current Gorilla Glass technology. You would add a 6th layer?

Yes I would..especially after feeling it today...it may not be needed.. But call me captain overkill...lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Yes I would..especially after feeling it today...it may not be needed.. But call me captain overkill...lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am hoping to get to my Verizon store tomorrow at lunch to see one and compare it to my Turbo.

k1601

Reaction score
Anyone have hands on with the soft touch? Doesn't seem like you'd need a case but I'd want something that is easy to hold on to.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Soft touch feels a bit like the rubber on an otterbox commuter..the phone me is wide and flat.. With the exception of the alarm thing stuck on the back of it at vzw..even the ballistic nylon has a slightly different feel compared to the g1 turbo..it feels like a smaller and tighter weave ..the phone also feels a little less solid..but as I said before. That could just be me and my skepticism ...but I felt it creak and pop..especially if you squeeze the upper right hand corner...could just be one of the 5 my vzw store had displayed...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I doubt it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not that I'm aware of either...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
TURBO 2 ROOOT!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? :confused:
Just out of curiosity, how would you utilize root for your Turbo 2? That is, what do you need the Turbo 2 to do that it doesn't do now, or what do you need it to do better?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

xratablancax

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 no root :(
I've hear that in order to perform the screen test from 1000 feet, it needs to be rooted... LMAO... nah I'm grandfathered in with big red and I need hotspot.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've hear that in order to perform the screen test from 1000 feet, it needs to be rooted... LMAO... nah I'm grandfathered in with big red and I need hotspot.
Which is what I suspected and why I asked.

You don't need root to WiFi Tether for free with UDP on Verizon and the Turbo 2. See [Official] Turbo 2 M update thread. You can use the Lite version of the Network Refresher as described there, but if you buy the paid version of Network Refresher here... (Network Signal Refresher Pro - Android Apps on Google Play), it even comes with a widget as well so the entire process can be completed with only three taps of the screen! Tap the Network Refresh widget, then tap the Tethering Shortcut (Tethering Shortcut - Android Apps on Google Play)...
8eba04163c5cec06a5607f5c310ceed4.jpg

...and then tap the Mobile Hotspot switch in the screen that the Tethering Shortcut brings up (as seen below), and wait about 5 seconds till everything reconnects Just make sure to complete the third tap in a few seconds after tapping the Network Refresher, before the Verizon network is able to renegotiate a cellular connection and you're done. If you're not fast enough, just go back to the home screen and try again

1578bee3fdae11009f30c784baf97b7f.jpg

Last edited:

xratablancax

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 no root :(
Which is what I suspected and why I asked.

You don't need root to WiFi Tether for free with UDP on Verizon and the Turbo 2. See [Official] Turbo 2 M update thread. You can use the Lite version of the Network Refresher as described there, but if you buy the paid version of Network Refresher here... (Network Signal Refresher Pro - Android Apps on Google Play), it even comes with a widget as well so the entire process can be completed with only three taps of the screen! Tap the Network Refresh widget, then tap the Tethering Shortcut (Tethering Shortcut - Android Apps on Google Play)...
8eba04163c5cec06a5607f5c310ceed4.jpg

...and then tap the Mobile Hotspot switch in the screen that the Tethering Shortcut brings up (as seen below), and wait about 5 seconds till everything reconnects Just make sure to complete the third tap in a few seconds after tapping the Network Refresher, before the Verizon network is able to renegotiate a cellular connection and you're done. If you're not fast enough, just go back to the home screen and try again

1578bee3fdae11009f30c784baf97b7f.jpg

HOLY RATS, THIS IS AWESOME! THANK YOU SIR!